Beware of Copy Cats

Started by Maxed Out, October 18, 2016, 08:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Mom always said "you can't judge a book by it's cover" :o......she was always right  :D :D

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

Cool Ted! you must have some stickers laying around...very nice.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

foakes

Nice, Ted --

Good to know those old double post bars fit other reels -- is that an 85, or just 85 sideplates, or?

Got quite afew of those old double posts that could go to a good use.

Thanks,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

I looked too fast, wow. Great job buddy, now I see what you did, very clever.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

LOL, no stickers Sal, just old stock penn bars.

Yes Fred, stock Delmar plates and internals, 112-3/0 spool, and these old spacer bars, and seat is standard jigmaster 30-200, so I would guess any penn that width could be adapted to these bars The inset for the sticker was a bit of an issue on my first try, as the drilled and tapped hole partially protruded into that cavity. So round 2 the hole was drilled off center to avoid the blowout(see very 1st pic in this thread).

Here is the failed first attempt. A rookie mistake indeed !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

foakes

Quote from: Maxed Out on October 18, 2016, 10:40:34 PM
  Here is the failed first attempt. A rookie mistake indeed !!

We have all been there, Ted -- I know I have many times.

Nice job!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

mo65

Cool hot rod Ted...I like it! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

PacRat

Nice work Dr. Frankenstein!
-Mike

Dominick

Fronkensteen, Igor.   :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mizmo67

*lightning flashes*
"It's Alive!"

LOL. Nicely done. Going to confuse the heck out of someone further down the line, so congrats on that, too  ;)
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Bill B

I was always partial to "Frau Buehlah......horse whinny"   LOL Ted way cool mod.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Ron Jones

I'm seeing this reel with a Newell stand and a 190 Seaboy spool in my future. Not the near future, but I will make one.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dominick

Quote from: TARFU on October 23, 2016, 02:32:23 AM
I was always partial to "Frau Buehlah......horse whinny"   LOL Ted way cool mod.....Bill
Bill a little trivia.  Frau Blucher and the horse whinny.  Mel Brooks was very clever.  Blucher means glue factory.  Hence, the horse whinny when the word "blucher" is intoned.  The scene was funny even to those that did not know about the glue factory.  Neigh...Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mo65

Quote from: Dominick on October 23, 2016, 03:55:04 AM
Blucher means glue factory.  Hence, the horse whinny when the word "blucher" is intoned. 

I have howled at that bit for years...and now it just got even funnier! Thanks for the enlightenment Dominick! :D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

mizmo67

Quote from: TARFU on October 23, 2016, 02:32:23 AM

For me... "Put. The Candle. Bachk." :)
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com