Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Sriracha Pickled Eggs

Started by ChileRelleno, October 22, 2016, 02:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

Quote from: Big Tim on October 29, 2016, 02:21:23 AM
Chile...Don't try this at home  :o  :o  :o

Tim

The one year ago flashback was the video I had seen earlier!

Don't try this at home? No, do this at home,  there will probably be fewer witnesses!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

ChileRelleno

Quote from: MarkT on October 29, 2016, 02:36:13 AM
Still not hot enough? Inject those eggs with some habanero or reaper sauce!
There is almost a full 4oz bottle of El Yucateco Habanero XXX sauce in there already.
I just put a heaping teaspoon of 'Hillbilly GunPowder' in there, that is a mix of smoked/crushed Jalapenos, Habaneros, Cuban Hots, Trinidad Scorpions, Bhut Jolokias (Ghosts) and Carolina Reapers.
SOB's better have some heat now.  ;D

Note: I need a gas mask to open that jar, the combo of eggs, vinegar, garlic and chiles is growing intense.
I was coughing earlier from the fumes.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

ChileRelleno

Chiles Ghost and Carolina Reaper arrived today as promised.
I was so tired after attending an RWVA Appleseed shoot that I didn't feel up to eating some Reaper.
But after a shower and some relaxation, the thought of the 'World's Hottest Chiles' sitting in my fridge became too much.
So I gathered my video crew and stepped up to the plate...  Batter Up!

Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

You are the Man! ;D
Even seeded, these peppers are the Dragon!
I am glad to see that you tamed it.
I watched many a Video, where they drop men to their knees.
I felt the power only once, that was enough for me..
The pain goes on. I'm sure you felt it for at least 15 minutes after the Video ended.
I could tell it hurt. These are the real Deal.
I can't wait until May to hit the sand again!
I'll get some seeds from my local pepperheads and grow some of these for those who dare.
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Wow!
:o :o :o

I could almost feel your pain.

You are now likely a member of an elite crew who dared tangle with the reapper, and lived to tell the tale.

Well done!

My hat's off to you brother.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Big Tim

I had to have ice cream myself because it hurt so much to watch this  :o

Tim

Rancanfish

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

conchydong

You are certifiable. ;D  Holy cow. I couldn't imagine what that felt like and I can do some hot but I am not crazy.

Shark Hunter

I showed it to Teri John. The first thing she said was "spit it out!"
After you swallowed it, she said "call 911!"
I have access to these stupid crazy hot peppers.
I have no desire to eat them.
Just so you know. My wife of 27 years is an ICU Nurse.
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Shark Hunter on October 31, 2016, 12:28:36 AM
I showed it to Teri John. The first thing she said was "spit it out!"
After you swallowed it, she said "call 911!"
Just so you know. My wife of 27 years is an ICU Nurse.

Yes, they can cause physical problems for the uninitiated.

I've heard that its Good and or Bad for your heart, cardiovascular system and blood pressure.
That it can cause respiratory distress, esophageal and gastrointestinal ulcers/distress.
Might not be good for your system if you've no experience with 'Super-Hots' and eat one.
Yeah that might do bad things to you.
As for gastrointestinal problems...
Well some people are real idiots without a lick of common sense, you don't just eat these without working up to it and preparing for it.
If you never or seldom eat hot chiles, don't eat these Super-Hots'.
If you're used to hot chiles and are going to eat a Super-Hot, prep for it by eating some food and eating/drinking dairy products, e.g. milk, ice cream and such to coat your stomach, and have plenty more for afterwards.

As I said, "Mama may have raised a fool, but she didn't raise a damned fool."
Ragnar Benson:

ChileRelleno

Here are the chiles Daron sent me, Ghost on the left, Reapers on the right.
I'm making salsa next week and canning it, gonna be da'bomb!

Ragnar Benson:

Tightlines667

Man.. they look so good!  I am envisioning Salsa, Hot Sauce, Chile, or Hot Wings.  I like all of the above extra hot :)
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

alantani

at the poison control center, whenever we had someone at home that got jalapeno pepper juice on their fingers, we'd recommended dumping maalox or mylanta antacid into a glove, then shoving the hand in a glove and leaving it for an hour.  that usually cut the pain from a high of 8, 9 or 10, all the way down to a 1, 2 or 3 within that hour.  we have recommended the same thing here.  we did have one guy who took the ghost pepper challenge and ruptured his esophagus.  not sure what the eventual outcome was.  dangerous stuff!  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

ChileRelleno

I'd say you're exaggerating, but I know you're not.

JalapeƱo juice on their hands, pain level 8-10?
Some seriously candy azzed people, must be those types that need Safe Places. Words and pictures hurt them too.
Sheesh, I bet Tabasco brand hot sauce qualifies as a chemical warfare agent.

Now for some chiles that are actually hot, I wear gloves to process them, but I'm talking Habaneros and such.
I don't even bother with gloves on lesser chiles.
Ragnar Benson:

ChileRelleno

Week Two, + a few days

I've finally attained a decent heat with these eggs by adding a heaping tsp of the Hillbilly Gunpowder last week.
Very nice spiciness overall, but not too hot to distract from the egg.
Good color, but no more penetration of color into the whites.

Ragnar Benson: