Grilling For Dinner

Started by ChileRelleno, October 22, 2016, 09:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

Have the in-laws for dinner, so I'm grilling a bunch of thighs for dinner.

Rub
Equal parts Cajun Spice mix, Smoked Paprika, Garlic Herb mix, Onion powder
Coat in EVOO and mix that rub around

Man I love the sight and smell of a grill/smoker fired up and some serious cooking going down.

For a side I made some Dirty Rice.
Granted its a mild version to fit the timid palates joining us tonight, but it still is pretty good.

Dirty Rice
Approx 1C each Onion, Bell pepper and Cellery
3 cloves of garlic minced
1T salt
1# rice
1# chicken livers rolled in cajun spiced flour and fried hard in EVOO, chop into bite size pieces
Sautee veggies in EVOO, add rice and sautee till golden brown
Add 4C chicken broth (or water) and the salt
Bring to boil and lower to a simmer, simmer for 25min or done

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Dominick

Chili that rice dish is a variation of Rissoto Milanese.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Dominick on October 22, 2016, 11:28:18 PM
Chili that rice dish is a variation of Rissoto Milanese.  Dominick
Cool, that means we've got some Creole/Cajun/Italian fusion going on down here.   ;D
Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:

conchydong

I love your food posts. If I wasn't so lazy to take pictures when I am cooking, I might have to join in on the fun someday. I love dirty rice with chicken livers and even chopped gizzards sometimes.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: conchydong on October 23, 2016, 12:41:57 AM
I love your food posts. If I wasn't so lazy to take pictures when I am cooking, I might have to join in on the fun someday. I love dirty rice with chicken livers and even chopped gizzards sometimes.
Thanks for the compliment, glad you like them...  I have fun with them.
Ragnar Benson: