Another new member

Started by Doug, March 31, 2011, 01:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

Hi all    I live on Lake Hopatcong in NJ but I fish mostly the Jersey Shore from Atlantic Highlands to Point Pleasant. Thank you Alan for your great toutorials and all the members here for their imputs. This is a great site and has helped a now old man rebuild all my old Penn reels. This rebuilding thing can be very addictive but it has keep me busy this winter. Thank's again to all the members here looking foreward to another fishing season   Doug

Dominick

Doug:  Welcome, from a guy who used to feed the stripers soft shell crabs from the beach at Bradley Beach and Point Pleasant.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Nessie Hunter

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Norcal Pescador

Doug,
Welcome from soon-to-be-roasting northern California! 8)   I bet less than half of 'the family' here is a spring chicken. :D :D
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Roger

Welcome aboard from South Louisiana........
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Welcome Doug, wow! I'm seeing alot of Penn guys lately....nice!
I used to fish the Jersey shore for over 25 years, I'm now on the chesapeake, but I'll probably be back to Jersey  next year.
Nice to have you with us, Sal

Dominick, soft shell crabs were for us, bunker for the stripers. ;D ;D ;D

Rob, don't be so hard on yourself old man. ;D ;D ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 01, 2011, 12:35:18 AM
Dominick, soft shell crabs were for us, bunker for the stripers. ;D ;D ;D

Sal:  You are right as usual, but Bunker for bait is when the Stripers are biting.  When they are not biting you need to entice them with soft shell crab.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Just stirring things up Dominick. ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain