Why Not A 113HSN "Super Narrow"

Started by Maxed Out, October 30, 2016, 05:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Obviously I have too much time to daydream.....but remember Newton daydreaming under apple tree ?? we all know what happened to him. For me it was a plum tree, so plum crazy was called for.

From right to left....All black Cortez Newell Broadbill, 113HLW, 113H, Tib 113HN, then the new super narrow naturally aspirated 113H"SN" or "super narrow". It is 1 13/16 wide or same width as long beach 60. It is a fully functioning reel.

If you have any questions, please direct them to my assistant, Dr. Quack  ;D

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Ron Jones

Alan Chui is working on one, how did you make yours?
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

coastal_dan

Oh man...that is sweet.  New build for a 'Grouper Special'?!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

sharkman

Nice reel.  What did you use to make?

steelfish

supernarrow its super attractive

tell us more about it

The Baja Guy

sharkman

This real is amazing and puzzling. All the reels I can think of with 1 13/16 width spool have too small of diameter they are 3/0 diameter. The gold spool makes you think international. I am wondering if the sailfisher will work. Looks promising

Maxed Out

Quote from: sharkman on November 01, 2016, 05:11:29 PM
This real is amazing and puzzling. All the reels I can think of with 1 13/16 width spool have too small of diameter they are 3/0 diameter. The gold spool makes you think international. I am wondering if the sailfisher will work. Looks promising

Its a pro gear 454 spool ;D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Ron Jones

Well now,
That's not fair, where are we supposed to get one of those spools? What stand did you use? Is it a 2/0?
That is a fantastic reel. I want one so bad I can taste it!
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

George4741

Quote from: sharkman on November 01, 2016, 05:11:29 PM
I am wondering if the sailfisher will work. Looks promising

No, I've tried it.  The Sailfisher has an odd diameter and I don't think it will fit any other reel.

Ted, I'm obsessed with narrow reels, so I'm really impressed with your work. 
viurem lliures o morirem