Penn 9500SS Handle question

Started by TheReelShop, October 30, 2016, 03:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheReelShop

I received from a customer a Penn 9500ss with a broken handle. He also dropped off a 750ssm. are there any interchangeable handles from the newer series?
I test fit the 750ssm to the 9500ss and it screws on nice but not all the way (I noticed that neither does the original). Would the handle of an 850/950ssm work in its entirety or with the original 9500ss pivot?

Here are some pics

Here is the 9500ss with the broken handle

Here is the 750ssm reel with its original handle

AND here is the 750ssm complete handle screwed on to the 9500ss

It looks like it fits. The only thing is that the pivot is not as thick/strong as the original 9500ss pivot.

mizmo67

The 15N-750M and 15N-950M handles are identical except for the knobs. 750 flat, 950 football.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

TheReelShop

Quote from: mizmo67 on October 30, 2016, 04:11:29 PM
The 15N-750M and 15N-950M handles are identical except for the knobs. 750 flat, 950 football.

Thanks Maureen. I'm going to see which one customer wants. Another question, I have two Daiwa BG's that have old teflon washers.

BG60 they measure 21 OD x 13 ID x 0.8 thickness. Any chance of a penn drag washer along these measurements?

Bryan Young

Check http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=21.0 for a list of drag washer dimensions.

Looks like 6-695 and 6B-695 would be your best bet.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Hamachi

BG60 they measure 21 OD x 13 ID x 0.8 thickness. Any chance of a penn drag washer along these measurements?
[/quote]

Use the 6-60 or you can try 6-113 but there may be a thickness issue. Those are what I use.
                                                               Warren
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

Bryan Young

Can you get that handle screw out?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

TheReelShop

Thank You guys

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 30, 2016, 06:05:47 PM
Can you get that handle screw out?

For the stock handle yes I got it out.

TheReelShop

I also need the screw pin for the 750ssm. I noticed it is not sold separately. It was bent when I removed it and bending it back caused it to split.
The 9500ss screw pin fits but it is too long.

Left is the 9500ss and right is the 750ssm

750ssm is the broken one

Bryan Young

I have a few handles and pins. Can you send me the length of the broken pin to see if I have one to match up?

TheReelShop

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 30, 2016, 07:24:02 PM
I have a few handles and pins. Can you send me the length of the broken pin to see if I have one to match up?

placing the pieces together I get 13.68mm

Measuring from one side of the hole to the other where the pin goes I get 14.80mm

You have stock handles? or one of the gold ones?

Thanks Bryan

Shark Hunter

I'm sure I have a stock 9500 handle. Just the cost of shipping and its yours.
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

Quote from: red93crxhatch on October 30, 2016, 08:00:36 PM
Quote from: Bryan Young on October 30, 2016, 07:24:02 PM

placing the pieces together I get 13.68mm

Measuring from one side of the hole to the other where the pin goes I get 14.80mm

You have stock handles? or one of the gold ones?

Thanks Bryan
I have a pin that is 14 mm. I think it will work. Looks like Daron has a arm for you. Pm me with you address and I'll send out the pin.

Bryan

TheReelShop

Quote from: Shark Hunter on October 30, 2016, 08:03:54 PM
I'm sure I have a stock 9500 handle. Just the cost of shipping and its yours.

used i assume? could you send me a pic?

Shark Hunter

Here you go. It has slight scratches, but its better than usually found on them.
Handle only, no other hardware.

Life is Good!

TheReelShop