True Reel Weights

Started by reelgood, March 31, 2011, 11:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reelgood

Alan - any interest in maintaining a sticky on this site with true as opposed to advertised reel weights?   It would be pretty cool to have a master .XLS file list of all reels, having weight, maybe gear ratio, version of that particular model, any other specifics (magged, topless, etc) and specified whether the reel was weighed with line or empty.  It should be pretty easy to acquire most of this data especially considering how many reels some people own

Or would possible scale inaccuracy and propaganda of company reps cast doubt on any data that is sent in?  Don't want you getting hassled by Accurate lawyers  ::)

Dominick

Quote from: reelgood on March 31, 2011, 11:59:33 PM
 Don't want you getting hassled by Accurate lawyers  ::)

Or inaccurate lawyers either ;D ;D ;D.
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

reelgood

Quote from: Pescachaser on April 01, 2011, 02:38:01 AM
Quote from: reelgood on March 31, 2011, 11:59:33 PM
 Don't want you getting hassled by Accurate lawyers  ::)

Or inaccurate lawyers either ;D ;D ;D.

LOL well I just got an absolute steal on a used digital Toledo lab scale, I will happily weigh my 15 or so reels when it arrives, after that I can use it to sell drugs  ;D

alantani

that would be fine.  just send a note that says "please sticky" and any of the moderators can do that for you.    funny, i know alot of emphasis is put on weights of these reels, but i never paid that much attention.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

reelgood

Quote from: alantani on April 05, 2011, 11:35:10 PM
that would be fine.  just send a note that says "please sticky" and any of the moderators can do that for you.    funny, i know alot of emphasis is put on weights of these reels, but i never paid that much attention.  alan

it's probably not worth the effort then, I guess it only really matters if you are speed jigging aggressively all day or wondering what else a manufacturer may be lying about..  maybe i was just excited i bought a used $1300 scale for $30, nicer than the ones we use in compounding lab, started weighing everything in sight  ;D 

BTW, Shimano must have weighed a Torsa 40 that was on a diet, need to add almost 4 ounces to that published weight

Visero

I'll say one thing, I got my 114hlw and that reel is heavy.  I'm have to start working out for a while before I'll be swinging that reel all day.

Mark