Quantum IR300C parts

Started by GeorgeN, October 31, 2016, 11:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeN

Hi Alan, 
I am working on a friend's Quantum Iron model IR300C reel and have determined that it has a bad anti reverse bearing.  I sent the bearing to Jeff Brooks at Boca Bearing to see if they might indeed have a replacement for it, as the IR300C reel is no longer supported by Quantum.  Jeff actually was able to get a manufacturer and part number off the bearing, but unfortunately Boca had no replacement. He did tell me that Abu Garcia still uses this same bearing in some it's reels, but they will not sell just the bearing.  The bearing is made by Ina and the part number is F223251.  I told him that I was a member of Alan Tani's reel repair forums and I would contact you with the information he provided to see if you might have a source who could order this bearing.  Jeff told me he knew you very well and to say hello.  If you or any other member can steer me in the right direction on this I would be greatly appreciative. This friend of mine loves these old reels and when most of my friends find out I dabble in reel service they come to me and I try to help.
Thanks Alan, George Nochta Santee, CA

Rancanfish

Go to EBay right now and enter 'Anti-Reverse one way' and you will see a listing for a whole box of different bearings.

dadsoletackle is the seller.  Good guy.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

GeorgeN

I have been told that this bearing, Ina F223251, is used in certain Abu Garcia reels and is still available.  Does anyone know what model(s) Abu Garcia reel would use this bearing or who would be a good source to possibly order the bearing.  Thanks, George Nochta Santee, CA 

handi2

Can you post a picture with measurements. I probably have one.

The Quantum part numbers are ZX063-02 for the ARB and ZW052-1 for the inner sleeve. They dont make bearings so one from another reel will fit.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

GeorgeN

I will try and post the pictures.  You can see the ina part number on the bearing.  I was told that the same identical ina bearing is used in Abu Garcia reels except the bearing in those reels is pressed into the side plate where as the Quantum IR 300C  has the bearing pressed into a brass fitting that just pops into the reel handle side plates my attached photos show the fitting and the pressed in Ina bearing.  I do not know the measurements on the bearing.  Thanks, George Santee, CA

Robert Janssen

handi2

George I that bearing if the one you have will push out of the retainer.

Keith
Gulf Breeze, FL

handi2

Quote from: handi2 on November 04, 2016, 10:35:29 PM
George I that bearing if the one you have will push out of the retainer.

I dont know if the pressed it in or glued it in. You may need to heat the outer part.

Keith
Gulf Breeze, FL

Mike Mendez

I know this is a very old post.  I recently acquired a Quantum Iron IR300C with a "bad" anti-reverse bearing.  I removed the bearing and cleaned it while it was still in the nut.  I shook it in a small container with goo-gone, then acetone, then goo-gone again.  I dried the bearing with a paper towel and re-installed it dry.  The reel works like a champ now!  I also put some TSI321 on the 2 spool bearings and inside the pinion gear.

Rancanfish

Very good Mike. It always pays to fiddle with stuff first. Thanks for adding a follow up post.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.