Photo of my biggest Tarpon

Started by Dominick, April 01, 2011, 03:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

I finally figured out how to post pictures from photobucket.  I am going to post my personal best.  This is my biggest Tarpon, estimated weight 80lbs.  San Juan Puerto, Rico with Capitan Omar of ESPN fame.  I fished with him before he got famous.  Visit his site and picture gallery at
http://www.fishinginpuertorico.com if you would like to.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

G'day Dominick,
I must've missed this the first time around.
Any chance you could reload the photo?
It sounds epic. ;) ;D
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dominick

Here you go Justin.  All fixed.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Domenico, I didn't think you used spinners. Tell me more about that gear....if you can remember.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 19, 2012, 12:56:26 AM
Domenico, I didn't think you used spinners. Tell me more about that gear....if you can remember.
Sal all I remember is that the reels have 15lb test line.  So fighting and bringing those big Tarpon to the boat is not easy.  Of course when one has congenital, innate talent, and good looks he makes it look easy.  :-*  Dominick

redsetta

Just as I suspected - that's epic!
And all the more impressive on 15lb.
Nice work Dominick.
I saw a show on these a while back (may have been Cuba?) and it's definitely on the bucket list.
QuoteOf course when one has congenital, innate talent, and good looks he makes it look easy.
Well, the proof's in the pudding, so one can't argue with that. ;) ;D
Cheers mate, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Rare

That is one big pilchard you caught there  ;D When fishing in the keys bridge unless things are slow we all hope that they don't find our bait.

wallacewt

that is the fish of my dreams,100lb + fish in shallow water,we are going justin,we're just 1 lotto win away.gd one dom!

Dominick

Quote from: wallacewt on June 19, 2012, 02:38:42 AM
that is the fish of my dreams,100lb + fish in shallow water,we are going justin,we're just 1 lotto win away.gd one dom!
Meet me in Puerto Rico and we'll do it.  Don't wait for the lottery, dig into the retirement fund.  Didn't you know that good estate planning is spending your last penny on the day you die.  :D  Dominick

wallacewt

Alto Mare

Quote from: Pescachaser on June 19, 2012, 01:02:30 AM

Sal all I remember is that the reels have 15lb test line.  So fighting and bringing those big Tarpon to the boat is not easy.  Of course when one has congenital, innate talent, and good looks he makes it look easy.  :-*  Dominick
I hear ya! You're the man! ;D ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Danhans

Bryan Young

That's one nice fish you caught there.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Quote from: wallacewt on June 19, 2012, 06:10:45 AM
whats wrong with florida?

Wallace:  I forgot that you said you would be going to Florida.  I promise you, when you go to Florida, I'll meet you there.  Dominick

wallacewt