Yahooooooooooooooooo!

Started by Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B, November 02, 2016, 08:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

MAK >8 N < 10 IS IN THE WORKS finally! John B. says the problem is what model number to use. if any of you guys are MAK "Finatics" most probably your input might help, just don't use the letter N for narrow...

btw taller but a little wider >10 and narrower than 15.

tight lines!

MarkT

There's the 8 which is a 10N, the 15 which a 10W and the 10 right in the middle.  They're making a 4th variation?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

had a conversation with John Bretza n told him that okuma should make a MAK in between the 10 n 15 and he replied it's already in the works. Okuma's only problem is what model number they'll name it. He also mentioned the 16 was devloped n manufactured because there were people clamoring for a size between the 15 n 20. Anyways i've been wishing this for a long time n now it's in the works.

tight lines!

MarkT

Then they call it a 12 like with the Andros and Metaloids. Except the Andros and Metaloid 12 is larger in capacity than a 15!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

it seems they are leaning towards 12... :)

Mudman

I like hearing this kind of news. It's great to see companies like Okuma being really responsive to customers. Time to save my pennies.  :)

Rivverrat

Had a Mak 15 & got rid of it. With it's width it's kind of an oddball reel. Now a Mak 12 would send my hand reaching for my wallet. However the Andros 12N does everything I need. Even making 25 lbs. of glass smooth drag when needed to make them stop short. The drags on these Okuma reels are fantastic....Jeff

Shark Hunter

Alan fishes Okuma's, so you know they have to be good.
Life is Good!

MarkT

I prefer taller and narrower over shorted and wider.  A Mak 12 and 12n (and 12s and 12sn) would be good things!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: MarkT on November 03, 2016, 04:50:21 PM
I prefer taller and narrower over shorted and wider.  A Mak 12 and 12n (and 12s and 12sn) would be good things!
X2

THE SENSEI'S PREFERENCE TOO, as he puts in one his posts a "reel that's squared". hope my memory is serving me well today...

MarkT

Quote from: Potiguar - AKA MeL B on November 03, 2016, 05:06:36 PM
Quote from: MarkT on November 03, 2016, 04:50:21 PM
X2

THE SENSEI'S PREFERENCE TOO, as he puts in one his posts a "reel that's squared". hope my memory is serving me well today...

Square reels, where they're as wide as they are tall, have long been considered an ergonomic ideal.  I'll still prefer it a little narrower than that!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

like the tn-40 ts-16? needles in a haystack... :(