My biggest Pargo

Started by Dominick, April 01, 2011, 03:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Here is a photo of a Red Snapper.  It goes by a variety of names, Pargo, Dog Tooth Snapper and more, I cannot remember the other names.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Nice fish Dominick. Did you keep it?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 01, 2011, 07:45:18 PM
Nice fish Dominick. Did you keep it?

Are you kidding?  One of the best eating fish down there.  Some of the best eating fish are Dorado, Pargo, Sierra, Tuna and Marlin.  In my opinion and in that order.  Although I don't take any more billfish if I can help it.  My all time favorite fish is Patagonian Tooth Fish, and Halibut second.  What's yours?  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Thats why I asked Dominick, that it one of the best fish I ever had, I cought a few down Isla morada Florida and they cooked one for me when I got back to the hotel, I think they made it blackened...out of this world! You already know what we like the most here in the N.E.Flounder ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

slip tip

Very nice snapper, Dom! I remember years ago the first Pargo I ever caught was at Clarion Island. It was maybe half the size of the one your holding. I can still recall how hard the fish fought all the way to the surface. Hard fighting fish but great eating and alot of fun to catch...... ;D

Regards,
David
If you kill it, grill it!

broadway

Nice Fish Pesca!... it looks like it's already got that golden brown/ cooked look :D  Patagonian Toothfish a.k.a Chilean Seabass is YUMMY!
Keep up the catchin' Pal
Dom 

akfish

True story: I was told by the panga captain when I caught my first pargo that they were considered aphrodesiacs and that I needed to be careful when I served it an to whom. He even asked me for some because he and his wife were having problems...
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Dominick

Akfish:  Those Panga Capitanos know how to get you to keep the fish instead of releasing.  It is a perpetual dispute with the Capitanos.  I want to release more than I usually do, due to the Capitano or mate wanting to keep fish.  I still release a lot.  I stopped bringing fish home because of the hassle.  I usually have a rod case, suitcase, and a carryon with reels.  By the way, I left grouper off my list.  One of the great tasting fish.  Dominick

Roslan