I've a Flat/Butt

Started by ChileRelleno, November 06, 2016, 11:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

5.4# Brisket Flat, done in 10hrs.
Unwrapped from the crutch and was very pleased, its now resting where the dogs have no chance of getting to it.
Couldn't resist cutting a burnt end off, nicely tender and juicy... Mmmmm!

The Butt was stalled at 170'ish so I decided to Crutch it too after setting the Brisket off to the side.  Kicked the smoker's temp up to 275' and will give it another hour before checking it.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

David Hall

Oh man those look especially good right now.

ChileRelleno

Brisket Money Shots

Brisket Sammich with SBR and Sriracha Pickled Onions
Whup@$$ Coleslaw
Salted Cucumber Wedges

Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

ChileRelleno

Even Crutched the Butt took it's sweet time reaching 195' and getting butter tender.
By the time it was ready to come off the smoker the family had devoured the entire brisket.
So we'll be digging into the Pulled Pork starting at lunch tomorrow.

I dig the color contrast between before and after crutching it.

Ragnar Benson:

Big Tim

Nice Butt Chile ;D I hope this OK to say  ;D

Tim

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Big Tim on November 08, 2016, 01:23:32 AM
Nice Butt Chile ;D I hope this OK to say  ;D

Tim
Awww schucks, thanks Tim.
Ragnar Benson:

David Hall

Briskit looked absolutely perfectly scrumptious! 

ChileRelleno

Quote from: David Hall on November 08, 2016, 04:59:55 AM
Briskit looked absolutely perfectly scrumptious!  
Thanks for the compliments.
It was and it disappeared with a quickness.

The Butt is pretty nice too, after resting for an hour I pulled on the bone and it slid right out.
Had to put it in the fridge till tomorrow for lunch/dinner.  
Will probably warm it up in the oven at 400' and firm the bark up again for sammiches.
Pulled pork sammiches piled high with coleslaw and pickled onions.
We be eating high on the hog!   8)
Ragnar Benson:

Dominick

I have to go to my local bbq place after looking at your post.  Mouthwatering photos.  You're a butt man for sure.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ChileRelleno

Didn't like the bark on the Butt after crutching it.
I have to have bark meat sammiches when it comes to Pulled Pork, so I popped it into a 500' oven for a few minutes.
Booyah!  Looks like it never saw foil.

And then I made lunch.

Ragnar Benson:

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Dominick on November 08, 2016, 07:17:04 PM
I have to go to my local bbq place after looking at your post.  Mouthwatering photos.  You're a butt man for sure.  Dominick
Thanks Dominick, the Pulled Pork off that Butt is pretty good... But the Brisket was even better.

Ragnar Benson: