Kencor-Drum reel

Started by Donnyboat, November 12, 2016, 03:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

A mate has given me a Kencor reel No 940-SUS18-8 stailess steel, then it has, lighter-stronger-farster-cast. above the 940 to the right is has Drum, all this is on the outside side plate, on the handle near the drag star it has, SUS 18-8. the handle is torpeto shape with a grease nipple in the centre of the handle, on the foot it has SUS 18-8 made in Japan then 9407. I have photos but not sure how to post them, any info on reel and posting photos would be great thanks in advance, donnyboat or Don.

Added Don's pics of the Kencor 940 -- so he can get some information about this reel from the experts on our site.

Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

sorry a few things I missed, it is a overhead casting reel, know level wind, only manually, the side plates are a light brown, with plenty of drag pressure, cheers donnyboat
Don, or donnyboat

foakes

Thanks for the question, DB --

If you want, just PM me -- I will give you my email address -- then you can send me the pics so they can be posted to your piece.

We can work later on helping you post pics on your own -- easy to do.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Donnyboat

okay thanks Fred, I sent you a message last week about Lawrence & pfluger parts, so I have your contacts, photos on there way, thanks again Fred, cheers donnyboat.
Don, or donnyboat