Dawia Pluton 200H Internal Pictures

Started by ReelSpeed, April 02, 2011, 12:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReelSpeed

Hey Guys, hate to do this, but I just did not have the time to make a tutorial on this reel.  I have seen a lot of interest around about this reel, so I figured I could at least snap some shots of the guts.. Nice reel and a good design, IMHO. All anti-rust bearings, CF drags.. also includes a design I have had in my head.. the left sideplate unscrews from the main body, instead of using screws. Should be good as long as you don't cross thread and/or forget to grease.  Then you would be the unfortunate candidate of needing a new sideplate and frame! :o  wonder what that costs?  ;D   

Reelspeed Reel Service & Repair
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(562) 261-5190

Alto Mare

ReelSpeed, thanks for the pix, I've been a member and enjoing it for 4 months now and I noticed how much you bring to the table. I just wanted you to know that I, and I'm sure everyone else appreciate all your hard work and knowledge. With that said, I'm not a fan of plastic gears, how do you feel about them? :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ReelSpeed

Thanks for the kind words!  As for the plastic gears..here is the issue.  Probably no manufacturer is going to release a reel to the general market with metal gears for the level-wind.  They are there as a fail-safe.  They are suppose to fail if something goes wrong.  They are cheap to replace and sacrifice themselves if something lodges in the levelwind mechanism.  That being said, it would not be very expensive to have brass replacement gears made for all these reels, but I would not want to be the one responsible if someones finger got in there.. :o :o  But I guess if you knew that would not happen, you could make a much stronger reel!
(562) 261-5190

Alto Mare

Thanks for your quick answer and explanation, also for reminding me why I don't like lever-wind. I've seen guy here in the N.E. remove the lever-wind, they prefer to use the reel for saltwater fishing without it. I think there is a kit for that, but not sure.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Roger

Nice pic's and your tutorials have been great also..........

Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

ReelSpeed

(562) 261-5190

Nessie Hunter

I have replaced several Nylon Level wind gears on Misc Shimano Reels, They have so far sent them Free..
Non on Daiwa YET!!!????

I do a lot of Pluton work for one customer, he has about 4/5 of them..

That Rght Spool bearing is a Biatch..  Had one rusted to spool shaft solid!!!!
I have tried to get a pin puller/extractor made or purchased just for these reels... 
It takes a split second of 'STUPID' to touch that light Alum Spool and throw it out of round = Toast!!!!   
$85 for new Spool Assembly..... (how do I know that??).....  ::)

Also had some issues with the Level Wind on 3 of 4 of them??? 
Worm Gear & pawl got nicked/chipped at end and/or worn enough to hang up regularly...
Posted that on BD to see if it was a common issue, didnt get much response??? So Assumed it was the constant weekly hard Surf fishing that did it??

But I agree, the Pluton is a Solid well made reel that is a work horse.....

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

nelz

Quote from: Nessie Hunter on April 13, 2011, 04:17:15 PM
Also had some issues with the Level Wind on 3 of 4 of them??? 
Worm Gear & pawl got nicked/chipped at end and/or worn enough to hang up regularly...

I'm guessing that the lack of synchronized level-wind can result in those parts receiving excessive pressure when the line's criss-crossing under heavy drag load.