Ted is some good folks....pics to follow.

Started by thorhammer, November 22, 2016, 12:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Maxed Out is sure enough one of the long list of AT that is a stellar contributor here. Just saying my thanks.

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

That's the kind of spirit that keeps us all here.  Unavailable anywhere else on the internet.

Alto Mare

I've known Ted way before I joined this site, he's a good man.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

ANNNDDDDD four more on that list just weighed in, plus I'm messaging with Harry who is doing a solid at this very moment....

Shark Hunter

Ted is one of the tip top reel heads.
He has a serious passion for reels and the people here.
Pretty much, as good as it gets.
Life is Good!

thorhammer

STRIPER LOU

foakes

I have learned a lot from Ted --

Cleaning reels to the ultimate finish, Nevr-Dull, generosity...and most of all --

Old school -- and a lot of class...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Yogi_fish808

Damn right Ted's an awesome guy! Unbelievably generous too, lots of aloha.

thorhammer

I'm looking on this thread, where I meant to just post some pics of some Ted engineering I have been fortunate to get, and errybody what piped up since has also helped me in some form or another, be it reel wisdom, parts, repair, reels, whatever...

I could double the list without taking a second breath, and since I posted this a couple hours ago, Coastal Dan, Harry K and Randy Pauly have all been working with me on stuff behind the scenes...

Anyone reading this new or old to Alan's site....YOU WILL NOT FIND A BETTER GROUP. It's rare enough to say folks send stuff to people on good faith alone in this world....but here people open their homes, do things on risk for strangers like organize trips ( here's to you Big T, hope I get on one!)

I'll get off my soapbox but it has been my privilege to meet AT members all over the country in the past six months and I finer crowd I have never met....many on the bucket list yet to fish with. I haven't done Florida yet and there's a crowd of sharkers there, one who thinks he can cook bobby-q...I gots to go down there.....(JK, Chille!!)

Ya'll, we are entering the holiday season. Take care of folks like Alan takes care of us. Thank you all, you keep me sane if me poor :)

thorhammer

Ted's latest and greatest package, installed....some nice bling:

First three are Tank Top kit, then Accurate style clamps (one installed on my only ProGear, that I got from the Boss, it's sweeeet!), the silver foot installed on a Randy Pauly P20 WEX with CC plates and AT handle, and the matching red clamp installed on the Cherry Bomb (Sal, your package is in this one, thanks!)

Really nice finish. Note: Ted made these clamps to be used with stock seat, as they pair with the TT bars. They are a mil spec match to Penn hole pattern- dead on. if you choose to use one on a tib frame, you will have to mill out the outside radius of the hole slightly to fit, as tin clamps are slotted. It looked to nice on the Cherry Bomb not to do it.

thorhammer

more...

reelrepair123

reel  pretty,  too nice to use and scratch up, handle them with kid gloves. beautiful.    harryk