Hammer Time!

Started by Shark Hunter, February 19, 2017, 08:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

A friend of mine sent me this message. Thought I would share. Go Penn!
Quote from: Southernsharker on February 19, 2017, 03:53:25 PM

Went down south for my brother bachelor party and landed a 9"7 hammer also we had a 8-9fter break the leader 15ft from shore and a solid 11 that my buddy jake had on for a over 2 hrs shear off on a inshore reef 30 yard from shore.

Life is Good!

STRIPER LOU

Cool Mr. D. I like his buddy being the needed ballast.
...........Lou

swill88

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 19, 2017, 08:26:23 PM
A friend of mine sent me this message. Thought I would share. Go Penn!
Quote from: Southernsharker on February 19, 2017, 03:53:25 PM

Went down south for my brother bachelor party and landed a 9"7 hammer also we had a 8-9fter break the leader 15ft from shore and a solid 11 that my buddy jake had on for a over 2 hrs shear off on a inshore reef 30 yard from shore.

I read recently that starting 2017 IGFA rules now allow a fisherman to be held by another without penalty of loss if it is for the safety of the fisherman.

CapeFish

David Hall

reelrepair123

your time now   daron,   git er done.  be well my friend.   harryk

broadway

D,
   You guys are hard core! That looks like some back breaking work (for 2 :o) to haul that behemoth in.
I can see how your gear would take a beating and must need constant checking and maintenance between the sand and the monsters you got pulling on your reel.
Cool to see,
Dom
PS- You're up soon, D!

Shark Hunter

I'm pretty sure that Senator he is cranking on got the treatment from yours truly.
Once the adrenaline kicks in. You just give what you got. You will feel it the next day.
I would be happy to catch that fish. I would however prefer a tiger. ;D
Life is Good!

MarkT

Ya know, when I hear Hammer Time, that's not what I'm expecting to see!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Southernsharker

The old 16/0 did work daron. The hammers are in heavy for some reason over a month early. My buddy landed another one yesterday around 9 ft.  And they got a 11'6 off that area 2 weeks ago. It's nuts. I hope everything comes in early because like you I want a big tiger and  they should be coming soon.