Penn-Accurate-Extended-Jigmaster-Super-Wide ?

Started by ez2cdave, November 26, 2016, 04:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ez2cdave

"Penn-Accurate-Extended-Jigmaster-Super-Wide" . . .

Is this something unusual or just "eBay hype" ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Penn-Accurate-Extended-Jigmaster-Super-Wide-/201728781796

Tight Lines !

Ron Jones

There were not a bunch of them made. Looks like a nice reel.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

steelfish

I could be wront butb looks same width than Newell 344
The Baja Guy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

The frame is 3" wide, which is 1/4" wider than the 344

Ron Jones

Its the same as the Tib frames your having done, isn't it?
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Maxed Out

That "super-wide" black jigmaster is used, and has no clamp or hardware and he's asking $400

For $200 you can buy frame/spool kit from Randy,  $100 Cortez jigmaster plate set,  $50 for mint jimaster donor reel and you'd be much better off than buying used. IMO

Here's is what one from Randy looks like

BTW, this reel has same capacity as standard width 113H :o :o
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

I agree, but the one your showing has an additional $200 on the head plate.
$100 on the outside and $100 of the inside of that plate.  :)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

Since the capacities are the same, I guess it is fair to ask, What has the faster retrieve, a 5:1 Jigmaster or a 4:1 113H?
Ron
Ronald Jones
"

Alto Mare

Quote from: noyb72 on November 27, 2016, 02:26:04 AM
Since the capacities are the same, I guess it is fair to ask, What has the faster retrieve, a 5:1 Jigmaster or a 4:1 113H?
Ron
The Jigmaster 5:1 is a little faster.

To me these numbers are worthless, as in line retrieve, so I'm using them just for comparing the two.

The Jigmaster spool is 2 3/8" tall, when filled with line it retrieves 44" per crank with a 5:1 gear set.

The 113H spool is 2 7/8" tall, when filled with line it retrieves 40" per crank with a 4:1 gear set
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ez2cdave

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 27, 2016, 02:58:23 AM
Quote from: noyb72 on November 27, 2016, 02:26:04 AM
Ron
The Jigmaster 5:1 is a little faster.

To me these numbers are worthless so I'm using them just for comparing the two.

The Jigmaster spool is 2 3/8" tall, when filled with line it retrieves 44" per crank with a 5:1 gear set.

The 113H spool is 2 7/8" tall, when filled with line it retrieves 40" per crank with a 4:1 gear set

I also believe that the 113H Drive Assembly is a lot stronger than the 500 Jigmaster and has a higher Drag Capacity, too, right ?

If you put in the Stainless Bridge kit with Double-Dogs, etc . . . the gap widens further.

HOWEVER, If Randy started making MAGNUM sideplates for the Jigmaster and the 113H . . . WOO-HOO !!!

Tight lines !

Ron Jones

I call 4" a wash. I do agree that the 113H is stronger, of course. However, the small diameter of the Jigmaster makes it easier for some to handle. So, I surmise that the 112H with 4.8 to 1 will probably do about 50 inches? I have never been a fast jigging guy but on the last couple boats I've been on the deck hand has said that I wasn't vertically jigging fast enough, and I think it is a technique I would like to get good at.
Ron
Ronald Jones
"

ez2cdave

Quote from: noyb72 on November 27, 2016, 03:53:06 AMI have never been a fast jigging guy but on the last couple boats I've been on the deck hand has said that I wasn't vertically jigging fast enough, and I think it is a technique I would like to get good at.
Ron

You need the "Reel Deal" . . . "Say hello to my little friend" . . . LOL !

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=5230.0

Tight Lines !

Maxed Out

That's a beautiful reel Dave. Old as the hills and in magnificent condition. :o :o

you're right, the 113H has much more drag capability than the jigmaster. Both reels have their time on the rail in my fisheries and both serve their purpose. I would not fish a super jigmaster for bottom fish @ 600-700', even though it is capable.  That's where the 113h comes into play.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

ez2cdave

Quote from: Maxed Out on November 27, 2016, 05:50:18 AM
That's a beautiful reel Dave. Old as the hills and in magnificent condition. :o :o

Unfortunately, not mine . . .

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: noyb72 on November 26, 2016, 08:49:28 PM
Its the same as the Tib frames your having done, isn't it?
Ron

You are right Ron.  The Super Jigmaster and Newell kits that Tiburon is making for me are the same size as the original Accurate 3" wide Jigmaster.