The Lost World of Mr. Hardy

Started by rjones, November 27, 2016, 12:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjones

Just watched an interesting show on Amazon Prime, "The Lost World of Mr. Hardy", I think anybody interested in fishing and fishing gear would find it worth watching.
Rob

swill88

Tightlines667

Quote from: rjones on November 27, 2016, 12:24:18 AM
Just watched an interesting show on Amazon Prime, "The Lost World of Mr. Hardy", I think anybody interested in fishing and fishing gear would find it worth watching.

Just finished watching it.  A good movie, with alot of good history.  A bit slow, and dry (as is the English way), but I enjoyed it.

Intetesting that Hardy produced the very first CF fishing rod, and had the first patent.

Thanks for the post :)
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Dominick

Dry? Dry?  It was downright arid.  I could not make it through a few minutes.  I don't watch television until baseball season starts.  Go Giants.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

oc1

That was the most riveting thing I have ever seen.  Zane Grey big game reel about 0:36.  Rolling carbon fiber blanks about 1:15.  The commercials became more insistent as time went on but PooPouri.com was pretty funny
-steve

George4741

Quote from: oc1 on November 27, 2016, 10:14:57 AM
That was the most riveting thing I have ever seen. 
-steve

Yeah, me too.

Quote from: oc1 on November 27, 2016, 10:14:57 AM
The commercials became more insistent as time went on
-steve

Commercials?  I'm watching it on SnagFilms with no commercials for free.  I don't think I can sit still and watch it through the end in one sitting.

I am finding the old fishing gear interesting.
viurem lliures o morirem

oc1

That's weird.  I watched on Snag Films too George because that's what came up first in a search.  But it had a commercial about every ten minutes.