Hawaii Ocean Expo April 9 and 10, 2011

Started by Bryan Young, April 06, 2011, 07:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Eh, any of you Hawaii Locals going to the Hawaii Ocean Expo?

http://hawaiioceanexpo.com/

Can you guys put up your reports?  

Alan and I would like to partner with a local shop to do some reel maintenance and/or have discussions about reel maintenance.  We want to make sure that it would be worth our time, money, and energy to do the event.  Yes, partnering is need.  I know, 'cause I'm local.  Don't want to overstep.  You locals know what I mean.

Many talk about the Seafood Expo at Pier 38, but in talking with some friends, this may not be a good venue, but will consider based upon the reports.

What you guys think will matter in our decisions to attend.

Mahalos,
Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Gman_WC

Bryan, Is this event going to be in the Islands? If so What Island?
Just got back a few weeks ago from Maui. -g
Walnut Creek, CA

kili05

I wish I could go to check whatever new blanks are coming out. Heard don b.  Is suppose to have some

kamuwela

this week end at the blaisdell center on oahu

Brian A

i'll be dea wit da fam n frenz.  always good time.  stuff fo da keiki, so much tackle/gear/equip to check out n buy, ONO FOOD, and clothes for da wahine ( ::) .lol.  my 1st time fishing dis tourney, so hopefully hanapa'a!

aloha

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Quote from: jaybri on April 08, 2011, 03:04:17 PM

i'll be dea wit da fam n frenz.  always good time.  stuff fo da keiki, so much tackle/gear/equip to check out n buy, ONO FOOD, and clothes for da wahine ( ::) .lol.  my 1st time fishing dis tourney, so hopefully hanapa'a!

aloha
Hey Bryan:  Would you please interpret this part of the post ???.  We Italianos no capeesha dis languicha.  Grazie Mille.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Pescachaser on April 11, 2011, 03:34:26 AM

aloha
Hey Bryan:  Would you please interpret this part of the post ???.  We Italianos no capeesha dis languicha.  Grazie Mille.  Dominick
I'll be there with the family and friends.  Always a good time.  A lot of things for the kids to do and a lot of tackle, gear, and equipment to examine and buy.  Delicious food and clothes for our women.  My first time fishing this tournament, so hopefully, I get hook-up (literlally means tightened or fasten).

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

kamuwela

Alto Mare

If you guys keep it up, Dominick and I will start using the sicilian dialect that not even the italians will understand it. ;D ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Brian A

sorry guys, got to the event late on sun just in time to catch the end of the ulua weigh in.  hopefully someone can post more pics.

this is where we fished for 3 days/ 2 nights

not mine   :'( , helped in landing it.  there were 4 of us.  one gaff man, one by the angler's side/back for safety and support, one a few yards away to help in direction and instruction.

83, 50, 48 = 1,2,3

da 2011 GT Master.

my fishing buddy with a Naoki print of his fish and some of his prizes.  took 6th place, the last prize place, so he got a bunch of gear and a cash payout for entering the side jackpot.  was his first ulua so he was uber stoked.

ALOHA HUI HOU!

kamuwela

Bryan Young

Dang, that's some good prizes for 6th.

Thanks for the report.  Anyone got pics of the shops, kids stuff, etc?

kili05

Quote from: Pescachaser on April 11, 2011, 03:34:26 AM

aloha

Auwe no Kokua dem guys bumbye dey goin start fo crack da code ;D