Father son PV trip with Marlas Sportfishing

Started by David Hall, December 08, 2016, 01:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Can't beat the after glow of a great fishing trip.  When the glow wears off a little, just open the freezer.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Thanks for the report and pics.  you did good on a great life time trip.  Memory's plenty!!   Its just a payback of all the kind words you have sent me.......Keep goin,  keep livin! :-*

David Hall

Thanks everyone and yes Im a bit sore but more tired than anything and the cold I caught seems to have turned into the flu!  Good catch huh and I wasn't even looking to catch one.  I have a ton of pictures and some video coming.

David Hall

Just tap on them they will straighten right out.

Alto Mare

Those are some great pics. Little Dave will be joining you two in no time.
Thanks for sharing Dave, great report!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

David Hall

That dog tooth snapper, called the king of the reef by the crew is so hard to get because he's so big and powerful he will strip line at 25lds drag and bend a 130 class rod over and get himself tucked safely into a cave.
The crew from Marlas developed and perfected a technique I have never seen before this day.  A large skipjack was bridled and sent down in top of the rocks, it immedietly heads for the bottom, once there it pisses off the king so bad it attacks mangles and carries it back towards his hiding hole.  That's when the angler sets the hook and lifts the rod while the captain simultaneously guns the engines and pulls the fish off the rocks.  He then shuts down the engines and the angler takes over for a long grueling battle.
All this without a single word. It was like watching a well rehearsed dance, executed to perfection.  I'm still in awe.

humboldtdan

I am speechless.  That is awesome.  Yarding fish out with horsepower, lol!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Congratulations on the fantastic trip Dave.  Quantity, quality and variety...what more could you ask for.  The only problem now is that your son is going to expect you to keep delivering those trips of a lifetime from now on.  You will be reliving those memories until you draw your last breath, and he will too.

Big Tim

Awesome David, this is the kind of trip I would like. Variety.

BT

spc7669

Looks like the trip of a lifetime! Great pics!

David Hall

If you can ever make the opportunity to fish with the Osuna Brothers, I highly recommend it. 

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

David Hall

Tom it was and I enjoyed every minute of it, I can tell because everything still hurts a week later.

BonitaBch

Bonita Beach, FL