Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alasgun, rogan, seruga, Steve V., ST.NicksCobia, Jenx, Donnyboat and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Maxed Out

Quote from: Ukfishman on December 17, 2015, 01:55:12 PM
Hello chaps, I am over in England but had to join this great forum.

Welcome from across the pond. What kind of fishing do you partake in ??

Ha ha, in my lingo "Chaps" is protective leggings a logger wears, as I have worn them several times. 
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

sdlehr

Quote from: Rancanfish on December 17, 2015, 05:58:39 PM
Welcome.

Prepare to spend all your time reading thousands of pages of fascinating info.

Ran speaks the truth! I am sleep-deprived, I can't leave this site....
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Ukfishman

Quote from: Max Doubt on December 18, 2015, 01:08:14 AM
Quote from: Ukfishman on December 17, 2015, 01:55:12 PM
Hello chaps, I am over in England but had to join this great forum.

Welcome from across the pond. What kind of fishing do you partake in ??

Ha ha, in my lingo "Chaps" is protective leggings a logger wears, as I have worn them several times. 

Ha ha, yes I have a few pairs myself I wear through winter being a beef farmer.

I do mostly surf and bit of boat fishing in UK. I am lucky that I head to Caribbean 2/3 times a year and fish every day on a friends boat. Target is mostly Wahoo, using wireline.

robin1

Hi everyone,
I am hoping I can find some info on a couple  of my old reels. Currently I have an Islander MR3, and an old Fin Nor FR10 and FR12.
Regarding the old Fin Nor reels, would be nice if someone can email me a scan of the schematics, and if possible, the specifications for the one way needle bearings (not sure if they are metric or english?), and where I might be able to purchase them. Thank you.
regards,
Robin

alantani

hopefully someone will be able to help.  welcome!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BigJT

Hi All,

My name is Jess (a.k.a. JT).  I live in San Jose, CA and have been fishing since I was a kid.  As a youth I fished for trout, Stripers, and local RC. The past 20 years I've been going down to SD and Moro Bay for for Albacore and a few LR trips out of SD.  Like many here, my arsenal is vast (I will not bore you w/ the specifics) and in need of repairs or servicing.  In the past I would either send my reels in to the mfgr or to local tackle shops for repairs and servicing.  That's when I met Alan.  I remember attending a few of Alan's "reel servicing" classes at the local tackle shop.  Alan has worked on my reels and showed me that a lot of the repairs/servicing can be done by myself.   THANK YOU Alan.  My first question will be in regards to a converting a 113H to a "Baja Special".  I will post my questions there.   Looking forward to many fun and informative conversations.

Gracias,

JT         

JPCSpartan

Hello Friends,

Thank you for welcoming me into your community.  My name is Jacob and I live in Anchorage, AK.  I do most of my fishing in Prince William Sound and Kachemak Bay.  I am a sucker for garage sale rod and reel deals, which leaves me with a lot of reels to cleanup and rebuild.  I am certainly not an expert at anything but would happy to lend some advice if anyone is planning a fishing trip up to Alaska.  I wish you all a Happy New Year! 

Cheers,
Jacob

swill88

Welcome Jacob...and Happy New Year!

AlasKen

Welcome Jacob.  I am from Eagle River and also a sucker for a good garage sell.  What are you fishing out of?  I also hit PWS, Resurrection Bay, and K Bay when I can.  Kenneth

Johncgumfory

Hello all !!! Never posted anywhere before hope I'm doing this right . Well just wanted to say hi to everyone and let myself be seen , have been glued to this site for months " great info" . Ok so about me growing up my family owned and operated a fishing tackle store in Austin Texas and my father repaired reels and trolling motors for years , and am a die hard fisherman ! I have never repaired reels before and just getting into it , I have to say I really enjoy tinkering ! Also I am a CNc/manual machinist and work lathes ,mills ,CNc plasma so if I could ever help in making any special parts please don't hesitate to ask and see what we could come up with ! Ok so happy New Years to everyone ! And hope everyone is doing well , Thank you John

alantani

gentlemen, welcome! 

john, if you let them, these guys will will make sure you stay busy.  there are ALOT of parts that i wish penn would have made out of stainless steel, like maybe the entire reel!!!

jacob, we need to put together some trips to alaska.  don't be surprised if a half dozen guys come knocking on your door some afternoon!

jess, it's been friggin' forever!!!!!  vadney was just talking about you!  swing by the house this weekend for a beer if you have a chance!  i'll send you a pm!

BigJT

Thanks Alan.  Yes sir, it has been a long time. 

Gracias,

JT

kbmonster

Hi, this Kyle from Central Ohio currently living in Orlando, FL. Like many others i've come to this site for answers to a reel issues and decided to join. I hope to give back a little something for all of the great ideas and advise that i've found on the site.

Fish on!

alantani