Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ST.NicksCobia, Jenx, 1badf350, Donnyboat, PatrickZ and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Tiddlerbasher

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

mizmo67

~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

foakes

Welcome aboard, Kyle --

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

bigggfish

Hello to all from Southern California!!

Like most, I've gotten a lot out of the website and finally jumped in the water and signed up.  I'm a Newell Junkie (even got the chance to fish with Carl a couple of times in the late eighties/early nineties on long range trips, which probably influenced me).  Thanks to Alan and Bryan (and others of course) for all the great information).

Jim J.

Reel 224

Jim J: Welcome to a great site. Enjoy!

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

foakes

Thanks for coming aboard, Jim --

You were fortunate to fish with Carl.

Never got a chance that worked out --  but used to order many reels and parts from him for clients.

Generally made a run down to his plant a couple of times a year.

He was always gracious and a gentleman -- and took time to show me some of his newer ideas.

What a clever, efficient, and talented man.

We have folks like him now -- but they do not build the entire reel -- but they could...if only...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Stay out of the water, I hear there are some hungry Sharks over there.
Welcome aboard Jim.

Sal, from the right side of the coast.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bigggfish

Hello from Southern California,

Like many, I have gotten a lot of information from this board so I decided to jump in the water and join. Thanks especially to Alan and Bryan (and others for all the good information).  I am a Newell junkie.  I even got the opportunity to fish a couple of times with Carl back in the late 80's and early 90's on long range trips (probably why I like Newells.).  Look forward to learning more!!

Jim Jo

alantani

Indyfisher

Hello, Richard from central Indiana. Decided to join after a year of roaming the site for information to rebuild, maintain and tune reels. Hope to be an asset to your site. Already feel like I know some of you guys. Thanks Alan and a large list of others. :)

alantani