Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta, Tile, Byron, Christian swire, Lorcan, eguinn and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

alantani

Quote from: Outlawelectric on August 27, 2019, 02:57:53 AM
Howdy,
My name is Justin. 

glad to finally get you through the stupid spam filter!  welcome!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Finngol

Greetings from Fingolia...I mean Finland. Mostly fish in rivers and lakes, with both spinning reels & rods, and fly fishing.

foakes

Welcome aboard, Finn!

What type of gear do you use!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Benni3

Welcome from salem Virginia,,,,,, ;D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Finngol

Quote from: foakes on August 27, 2019, 05:58:38 PM
Welcome aboard, Finn!

What type of gear do you use!

Best,

Fred

For spinning, I have Okuma Safina Noir 10fd with UL Berkley Phazer Pro 2, Daiwa Ninja 3000 with Berkley Phazer Pro 2 ML (5-15g) and Abu Garcia Cardinal C4 with Mikado Spintube rod, also 5-15g. I also have rod by finnish brand called Patriot, which is medium, 7-25g, but it's not that great. Mikado I have yet to test, but it was cheap too, about 40 bucks, but I got it for half price. I do fly-fishing with Vision's Vipu rod and reel, #5.

From the reels, my favorite one is the C4, I like Ninja too but it's a bit too smooth, I like reels with a bit more "feel" to them. Kinda like cars, with a very new cars you don't generally have resistance when you turn, and don't really feel the road in the driving wheel.

happyhooker

Greetings, Justin, from your neighbor to the north in Minnesota.

Frank

happyhooker

Greetings, Finngol, from Minnesota, USA.

Frank

Alto Mare

Welcome from Philly Finngol...enjoy your stay.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Brewcrafter

Welcome Finn from the Inland Empire of Southern California!  Not only are we looking forward to you sharing the mechanics, gear, and techniques that you are fishing with, any input about enjoying the finished product is welcome as well.  I have heard about this Fried Vendace being something special - maybe you can enlighten us?  And again, Welcome!

bhale1

Hello Finn,
Welcome to the site....lots of very helpful people here. Enjoy!
Brett from So. AZ

Finngol

Quote from: Brewcrafter on August 28, 2019, 03:59:53 AM
Welcome Finn from the Inland Empire of Southern California!  Not only are we looking forward to you sharing the mechanics, gear, and techniques that you are fishing with, any input about enjoying the finished product is welcome as well.  I have heard about this Fried Vendace being something special - maybe you can enlighten us?  And again, Welcome!

Yeah, fried vendace is great, but it's mostly fished by seines, trawling or fishing nets, though you can catch them with fly fishing or fishing rod and worms, I think.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!