Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkB, Brewcrafter, rolfwoods and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bill B

Lars good to have you here.  Bill, California
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

dubsetter

@all  ...thanx   ;D !!
some reels are bigger than others

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

antonio

good morning and thank you for accepting me, I'm Italian, passionate about fishing and reel repairs.

Brewcrafter

Welcome from the SoCal Inland Empire!  Glad to have you as a part of the forum! - john

Salmon53

Hi Everyone.  Craig from Albany Oregon and this is my 1st post.  Have done alot of salmon fishing over the last 40 years and use alot of Ambassadeur reels.  Mostly, 5501 C3's  Started with the 5001c in the early 80's and have 5 or 6.  Got some 6001c's and some 5601 C4's. Even have a few right handed Garcias too.  Just did an inventory and have around 35 reels that need serviced.  Never done it before and in researching it, I found this site.  I have 5 of them torn apart and cleaned so far.  Just need to grease, oil and replace drag washers.  Looking to go carbon fiber and am thinking sheets since I have so many.  I did get some premade ones that just came in today.  In addition to the garcias, I have some old Penn reels and some newer Okuma line counters.  Even have an old Calcutta.  So I got a lot of work to do and am looking forward to seeing all the info you guys have on here.  Great Forum!  Thanks for having me.

foakes

Welcome aboard!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Benni3

Welcome from Salem va,,,,,, ;D

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Brewcrafter

Welcome Craig from the SoCal Inland Empire! - john

Bill B

Good to have you here Craig.  Bill, SoCal mountains
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Hardy Boy

Cheers from British Columbia.

Todd
Todd

Stunner

Hello from Orange County, CA!  Avid salt and freshwater angler, looking to learn how to service my Newell S series reels from you guys!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain