Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3, seruga, mackereljoe, WalterWyman, Donnyboat, Batomba, ST.NicksCobia and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

mike1010

Quote from: Doug on August 01, 2014, 12:00:05 AM
Hi Mike   I'm in northwest NJ and fish the AH almost weekly. Welcome and you will like this site some really great members here. Where in NJ are you? Doug

Doug, I'm in Summit, which makes AH an easy shot.

Hoochrip

Hello all,
New to this site but have ordered parts from Alan T in the past. Saw a link for 5 stack drags by Bryan Y and finding the site very interesting and informative.
Thanks,

Shark Hunter

Welcome Hooch! ;D
Come on in and sit a spell! ;)
Life is Good!

alantani

gentlemen, welcome to all of you.  we got a rush of registrations, plus i'm down with a cold right now.  i'm ok as long as i don't talk.  scotch is helping.  where was i?  oh, yeah, welcome!!!!!    :P
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MFB

G'day Shane & Hooch

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

kuyamonster

Thanks for adding me, should have done this a while back. Name is Marcel. Lived in San Diego most of my life and the last 4 years I've split time in the great PNW. (Seattle/Tacoma area) Avid saltwater angler and just got back deep into freshwater here. (river fishing all new to me now) Lately it seems I always find myself in a debate over what fights harder, tuna vs. salmon?!? Major kudos on a great website, Alan. It's given me the confidence to tear town and rebuild all my current reels but also spurned a challenge to acquire more "fixer-uppers". I'll be the old skool guy catching the albies up here and the YFT & BFT back home in SoCal. I bid you continued success on a great website...   ::)

foakes

Welcome, kuyamonster --

Fasten your safety belt -- and get ready for a ride!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Welcome Marcel! ;D
Old School all the way for me too brother! ;)
Life is Good!

MFB

G'day Marcel,

Rgds

Mark
                                                   Isaac Walton

alantani

Downesy

G'Day Everyone!!
Thanks for including me, I have read several posts in this forum and really value the information available.
I am just starting to strech my legs with some Bluewater fishing down here in Australia and have a couple of Penn45 GLS's to help me.
There will be a few questions forthcoming after pulling the reels apart for a service BEFORE discovering your site.
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me.
Terry

alantani

ah, old reels.  check with mysticparts.com regarding availability of parts.  gears will be the biggest problem.  after that, do the standard bearing service and grease the drags.  and welcome!!!!!

MFB

G'day Terry,

Rgds

Mark
                                                   Isaac Walton

DaBigOno

Aloha!    Welcome Terry
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Shark Hunter

Welcome T! ;)
Come on in, the water is fine. ;D