Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seruga, mackereljoe, Jigtosser, WalterWyman, Donnyboat, Batomba, ST.NicksCobia, Steve V. and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

foakes

Welcome, Dirk --

Look forward to a little knowledge from NSW.

You have a lot of "big uglies" down under -- that will strip your line, break you off, and leave you wondering what the name of that freight train was!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

wallacewt

fishing tackle australia
advertise that they are the largest
tackle store in the world!
i dont know if they mean
customers,stock or building
dutchy may enlighten us

dutchy17

Most stock. Last count was 1400 reels, 10,000 rods and 1,000,000+ lures plus line,tools,knives etc. I'm like a kid in a candy store! Got to stop giving the boss back all my wages!!

Thanks Alan, I will do that when i get back from my 4 days off. Going to chase Yellowtail Kingfish tomorrow and Friday so hopefully my arms will a bit longer by the weekend!
Why is everything i love either illegal, immoral or carry's a health warning!

wallacewt

SaltyJack

Hi all Saltyjack here! Looking to make a few fishin buddy's and learn a whole bunch more. Got an 8 day trip coming up quick in November on the Red Rooster3. I looking for help with line and leader selection and the little I've surfed around the site, there is a ton of information for me to look at.
On that note I've got a few reels I'd like to send into the "Team" for some tlc. Can anybody head me in the right direction to find the contact info so I can send them into Alan. And maybe what the time frame is on turn around.

Thanks again
Schmity

DaBigOno

Aloha!  Welcome Schmity
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Shark Hunter

Welcome Aboard Schmity!
Send Alan a PM. He will get back to you.
Life is Good!

MFB

G'day Schmity,

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

foakes

Welcome, Schmity --

Here you will find a wealth of solid information from knowledgeable experts who are not trying to sell you anything.

Alan really knows the long range equipment needs -- and the various pound set ups you will use -- without taking along anything unnecessary.

Learn how to post pics with photobucket (it's easy) -- so you can share with everyone pics of your equipment & your upcoming 8-dryer.

Climb aboard --

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bill_N

Just found this site and am amazed at the amount and depth of technical info here. Awesome site and thanks for taking the time and effort to put this together. I'm just a fisherman with a ton of reels but hope I can contribute in some way.

Thanks, Bill
Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/

DaBigOno

Ahoy!    Welcome Bill

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

TAK

Hi Alan and crew.

There's a lot to learn on here and it's always a pleasure to talk to other people who love to fish.

Thanks

foakes

Welcome aboard, Tak --

Lots to learn and share!

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.