Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alasgun, PhillyJoe, Rcscherz210, Paul Roberts, UKChris1 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

alantani

Quote from: reeltime on May 26, 2015, 08:50:34 PM
Hello, I'm a Florida gulf coast angler by way of Virginia and Hawaii. Alan has been very helpful in the past with Newell questions, and I am grateful for this site.
Mahalo

welcome!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Welcome reeltime and Ivor!
Life is Good!

reeltime

Fisherman Paul

Welcome guys, you will never leave :D

reeltime

reeltime

Welcome, Where are you going out of in Florida?

sciaenops

Wow, looks like I stumbled upon the Mother Lode. 

I'm a CA kid who grew up fishing with my Dad and inherited all of his saltwater gear from the 50s-70s.  Mostly Penn and a quiver of glass boat rods.

Now I need to learn some skills to get me into retirement.

Keith M.
Gardena (intermediate stops in Savannah, GA, Sacramento and San Jose)

foakes

Welcome, Keith --

There are a few folks here who know a little about Penns.

You have come to the right place.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bryan Young

Quote from: sciaenops on June 04, 2015, 05:14:19 AM
Wow, looks like I stumbled upon the Mother Lode. 

I'm a CA kid who grew up fishing with my Dad and inherited all of his saltwater gear from the 50s-70s.  Mostly Penn and a quiver of glass boat rods.

Now I need to learn some skills to get me into retirement.

Keith M.
Gardena (intermediate stops in Savannah, GA, Sacramento and San Jose)

Welcome Keith,
You are near what used to be Yo's.  I'm not sure what it is called now though.  Looks brighter inside than what Yo's used to look like.   Looks like a good shop though.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

MFB

G'day Ivor & Keith

Regards

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Zeppy

First post for me! I have to admit I am an addict now striving for that great cast! I am hailing from the Mississippi gulf coast I don't do much deep sea fishing but we do use baitcasters wading! I was amazed how well just a proper cleaning and lube helped me out in my long casts thanks for this awesome community!

foakes

Welcome to the Riverbank, Zeppy!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

Welcome Zeppy.  This site will help you make your casts more peppy Zeppy.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!