Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Roberts, RSIA-01, Benni3, UKChris1, seruga, mackereljoe, WalterWyman and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

foakes

Welcome aboard, Richard

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

NYIsles55

Hi

My name is Josh, and I'm a 16 year old from Long Island, NY. I always loved to fish, but back last March I walked into a Walmart with my grandpa to pick up his meds with him. I don't remember what happened inside, but all I know is I walked out with a fishing rod. Ever since that moment, I've been hooked on fishing, especially surf fishing. I go for anything that will bite in the surf range of Long Island, or in the bays.

Aside from loving fishing, I also love hockey. My two favorite teams are the New York Islanders and the  Calgary Flames.

I'm excited to be on this site, and will try to keep my stupid question to a minimum ;)

Reel 224

Welcome Josh. Where are you located in LI? I live in NJ but I have Family in  Smith vile,Brent wood, Babilon, and Sound beach. I have fished the Sound And south shore in the past. It was a long time ago but it was good fishing. It's a great sport and I wish you the best. 16 years old wow! You got a lifetime a head of you, I started when I was 10 years old, that was 60 years ago. ;D ;)

Joe   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

NYIsles55

Quote from: Reel 224 on January 23, 2016, 01:09:59 AM
Welcome Josh. Where are you located in LI? I live in NJ but I have Family in  Smith vile,Brent wood, Babilon, and Sound beach. I have fished the Sound And south shore in the past. It was a long time ago but it was good fishing. It's a great sport and I wish you the best. 16 years old wow! You got a lifetime a head of you, I started when I was 10 years old, that was 60 years ago. ;D ;)

Joe    

I live around the Commack/Smithtown border, right by the Sunken Meadow parkway. Currently, my PB fish is a 250 lb Blue Marlin caught on trolling on a charter bot off the Kona Coast of Hawaii. My next best fish I a Largemouth bass in the 4-7lb range caught in a pond outside of Monticello, when I was five on one of those spincast rods you'd find at a large sporting goods store. I'd like to beat that ;D!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Reel 224

Josh; That's is a great start W/ a 250# Blue Marlin. The largest fish that I caught was a 30# Stripe Bass. But Ive got beat with the Large Mouth, 8-3/4 #. If keep at it you will best that.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

NYIsles55

I also have a few interesting stories/experiences. I'll share them here if you guys want to here them.

bluefish69

Josh

There are no stupid questions about reel repair & fishing.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Reel 224

Quote from: NYIsles55 on January 23, 2016, 01:46:40 AM
I also have a few interesting stories/experiences. I'll share them here if you guys want to here them.

Share! We like to share. ;D Like the man said there no stupid questions.

Joe

foakes

Welcome, Josh --

Lots to master -- you are at the right place.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

jamesbay

hi. im james. i'm 18 years old and a central florida resident who loves to fish with a passion. joined to increase my knowledge on servicing my reels which i have been doing now on my own now for some time but i am now expert in any way. joined to increase my knowledge and optimise my servicing in the future. thanks

Reel 224

Welcome James, you came to the right place.

Joe

Alto Mare

Hello James, nice to have you with us.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.