Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigtosser, hrgriz, sandbar, DrReelChile, Lorcan and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

swill88

Welcome Zainal and Tony.

Zainal, in Brunei, are you fishing fresh or salt?

Steve

fordfox

Been "sniping" for a couple of years and still can't get over the wealth of information on this board, and what really jumps out at 'ya' is the lack of dissatisfied customers. I still don't know how you (Alan Tani) can clean, repair/replace parts, lube and re-spool Seven (7) reels and ship them back to the East coast without payment in-hand? Talk about trust!!!!! Also, thanks to all the moderators and "repair" guys who take the time to document their work and provide expert assistance.

ALAN: First thing I did upon return from Florida was break open that box and play with those reels. They came out beautiful, THANK YOU!!!!!!

tcf 

alantani

was down at the fred hall show and randy had a clamp for you.  it's buried under a pile of junk mail and bills on my work bench and i'll mail it out tomorrow.  i'l probably find your original clamp buried under another pile of junk.  thanks for your patience!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ultegra198

Quote from: swill88 on March 06, 2016, 07:55:00 PM

Welcome Zainal and Tony.

Zainal, in Brunei, are you fishing fresh or salt?

Steve

hi

mostly doing surfcasting at beaches and rocks. not much freshwater fishing here in my place.

Zainal

foakes

Welcome to you both!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

David Hall

Welcome, come on in the waters great.

GClev

Logging in to say hello to all.  I was a deckhand and galley slave on some of the first long rangers and one of the early adopters of Internationals on SD boats. "What are you doin' with those 'yacht reels', boy?", quoting Jean Tolson, January 1975.  Blah. Blah. Blah.

165# on a one-speed Intl. 20 and 30# mono.  Shimada Seamount.

Thanks to Alan and all those who post the great info on this site.

alantani

bigggfish

Welcome and much respect!!

Alto Mare

Zainal, Antho and GClev, welcome aboard guys...enjoy your stay.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

GClev

This might evoke some old memories. "Please Remove Pliars From Pocket"  Washing dishes I am.  Steve on the left.  Roger on the right.  Who's the guy with the Boston Blackie pencil-thin moustache??  I do not remember.  Missing from the photo is the fourth deckhand, Jimmy King (The Coiler).  This was the first 7-day on the Cape P in the summer of 1971.  I worked the deck for some of the summer day trips and then moved to the galley for long range season.

LeperKuN

hi, everyone. i'm travis and i've always loved fishing! it is an ancestral trait in my family. i've always caught my own bait and fish using walmart fishing poles that had no drag, probably rusted inside.... lol. i caught channel catfish, common carps, bullhead catfishes, blue gills, bass, then there was a time i lived in florida where i caught redfish, sailcats, sheepheads... all small! then i wanted to go big! living in illinois and knowing there's basically just two common species that would be large - flathead and blue catfishes - i had to get serious about my gear because i know my line would break with no drag...

i bought my first reel, abu garcia ambassadeur alphamar 20, thinking i would cast much farther than i could with cheap walmart spinners(lol) because abus are common with long distance casting competition and i was wrong! i know why, my skill isn't there for conventional reels and this reel has levelwind which holds me back. so, later on i moved to los angeles and freshwater fishing just isn't that good. after several attempts and no luck, i decided to give the ocean a try. on santa monica pier, the only bait shop only had frozen anchovies which just completely got ripped out of my hook on every cast, wth? so i tossed instead of casting(lol) and had few nibbles! very exciting but went home with nothing.

being new to ocean fishing on the west has had me researching online nonstop for a week! lost sleep too(lol) but learned insane amount of info, some of it lead me to this forum. wow! i sure do neglect my reels and i want a penn now. mod and improve it. maybe i can cast far and have nice drag strength.

yea mayne!
I never give up, only take breaks.

Tiddlerbasher

alantani

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!