Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alasgun, PhillyJoe, Rcscherz210, Paul Roberts, UKChris1 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

capteric

This is my first post just to say thanks to all of you that contribute such great info! I've been helped by many already, found parts for my Newell's, and learned just enough to repair a couple TLD's that have given me a fit for quite awhile.Alan's neighborhood has been a wonderful thing!

Thanks!
Eric
Naples FL      ;D

BMITCH

Welcome to all. Way toooooooo many to keep up with. Hope everyone finds the info on this forum of help. I know when I first started I did. A word of advice would be to get a second job to help support this new addiction you are about to be afflicted with.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

X-Miner

Hi everyone.
I'm Belgian and a couple of weeks ago I bought some reels on a flea market.
Penn Senator's :D. 115h, 114h, 113h lh (2 of them), 113 lh special (also 2 of them: the ones with the clicker, one has a tubeframe, the other a graphite one).
I ordered all the grease and drags You guys are using (found Alan's instructions all over the internet :D), cleaned and lubed them and they all work great!

But now I ran into a snag...
I bought a Baja Special on sunday (same fleamarket, go figure... ), brand new BUT I WANT IT LEFTHANDED :D
So I came to the Land of Oz, to meet the Wizard...

BMITCH

Hi X-Miner. Good beer there. I don't know if you can convert that baja to a lefty. If not I'd be willing to buy it from you if the price is right. Oh by the way welcome to the forum.
Bob

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Eric n X-Miner, welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...

Mandelstam

X-Miner, I'm glad we got another fellow european to the forum. Glad you joined us!

/Karl
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

X-Miner

Thx for the welcome guys :D

I won't be selling the baja for now, it's an awesome piece of machinery, but somehowe someone put the wrong gears in it.
It's like an old Jaguar, awesome but the steeringwheel is on the wrong side...

BMITCH

X-miner, it's an awesome reel. You'll get used to the handle on the wrong side. Good luck.
Bob

greerjt

This is my first post and I look forward to learning a lot about servicing my fishing reels from the Pro's!!   ;D

Bryan Young

Quote from: greerjt on June 01, 2013, 02:11:52 AM
This is my first post and I look forward to learning a lot about servicing my fishing reels from the Pro's!!   ;D
Welcome Jeff. I would call many of us pros, but hobbiest. We are here to help is you need us, and please chip in when you can.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

BMITCH

Hi Jeff, welcome from nj.bob

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Jeff welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...

blacklab

well hi guys,
                  second post actually, did my into in the avatar thread !!!
    sorry about that.
   looking forward to joining in on this great site

regards
colin

BMITCH

Welcome Colin, I understand you like the older penn's. You are definitely in the right place. Good luck.
Bob