Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recon, ourford, bjamin, ST.NicksCobia, Jenx, hrgriz and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bryan Young

Welcome TunaBelly.  Glad to finally have you on board.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

thanks for joining us!  with the 35 photo limit, i was able to get the post cut up in the small enough pieces and get everything up on your board.  it only took an extra 3 minutes, so not a problem at all! 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Welcome aboard Tunabelly.
Sal, from Pa.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

alantani

Shark Hunter

I thought you were straight up pimpin' in that lid Alan! :D
Life is Good!

Tunabelly

Quote from: alantani on September 05, 2013, 12:58:06 AM
george, i finally found that hat!  http://www.amazon.com/Thai-Farmer-Woven-Leave-Bamboo/dp/B008RFJKTW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378342514&sr=8-1&keywords=thai+farmer+hat

i know it looked hokey, but it worked great!!!!!! 

Thanks Alan................... I am a little concerned that the new hat might clash with my crazy socks. 

It's not easy being a fishing fashionista !!!  :)

I will have to invest in a customized hat strap like you did.... just say'in.

tb

Fishing teaches patience, catching comes from learning patience - quote tunabelly

Bryan Young

Alan, next time you need to take that umbrella hat.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Tunabelly welcome to the neighborhood...

Tunabelly

Quote from: alantani on September 05, 2013, 12:58:06 AM
george, i finally found that hat!  http://www.amazon.com/Thai-Farmer-Woven-Leave-Bamboo/dp/B008RFJKTW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378342514&sr=8-1&keywords=thai+farmer+hat

i know it looked hokey, but it worked great!!!!!!  

OK Alan............... Yikes.......I bit the fashion bullet and ordered one of your original "Lamp Shade" hats.  

I will now have to re-coordinate all my fishing clothes and accessories to accommodate the hat into a presentable fashion ensemble.   :o   ;D

tb  
Fishing teaches patience, catching comes from learning patience - quote tunabelly

andyj

Hi I'm Andy, new to the forum.

First of all I'd like to thank Alan and all the folks on this forum for the great info and guidance on reel repair.
I've been fishing fresh and salt since the late 1960s and have WAYtoo much old tackle as artifacts, some still worthy.  So I'll be trying to dust off, fix, and fish a few relics.
I have a 2-day tuna trip leaving this Thursday so the first project is a Shimano Triton Beastmaster Graphite 20/50 two speed reel with a frozen bearing and tired dog spring.
I'll submit a question about the dog in a separate post.

Andy

alantani

welcome!  if you have trouble with that reel, get in touch with glen pamaran in san diego.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=55.0

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Andy welcome  to the neighborhood...

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.