Long Beach 60

Started by thorhammer, December 12, 2016, 05:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

On my phone in Newark airport and couldn't find the Ling Beach or 'as you find then' threads so moderator relocate as you wish.

Putting together a jigging / bottom combo for my my brother for Christmas. Decided on a 60, one such was my first penn in the 70's.

I was hunting a workhorse in good condition that I was going to service and call done. This is is what I got from flea bay. His equipment maintenance is nonexistent so I wanted a bar room brawler. 

I don't think this reel ever had line on it.  On the shelf it goes and he's getting a Daiwa 27h in original box 😎

thorhammer

Oh yeah, $25.  All dang day, SS spool...what great  reels with a 70 plus production year life span.  What item produced today may still be relevant in 2087????  Maybe a knife and a Remington 700. And the Long Beach.  😎

Maxed Out

Hard to go wrong for $25. It would be a shame to shelf that reel. It wants to be fished, and should be fished. Now go get some line on it and go get it wet. :D :D

Best regards, Otto Henze ;) ;)

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Dominick

I'm going to tell your brother.  Nyah nyah nyah.   :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bill B

Cool beans.....but gotta fish it.....I am finishing a 285 Delmar for the office Christmas gift exchange....hoping I can get it back though  ::)....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

hurt locker

Congratulations!! Sweet reel.

thorhammer

It works out.  The 27 will actually balance better on the particular rod I bought,  and he'll like the level wind. I have a half dozen 47's and they are overbuilt imo.

Ted, I would actually find it and will probably will actually line it but it's at least 100 down in the depth chart of stuff I have to get wet🎣

thorhammer

I meant fish it. No glasses and sausage fingers.