Very informative glad I found it ..

Started by SilverRidge, December 15, 2016, 08:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverRidge

Greetings from West Palm beach Florida, have a modest collection of vintage Daiwa Ultra light reels 500c,700c 1000c and SS1 etc, recently was given a Dam Quick microlite reel in trade of parts and was so impressed by its quality that I acquired four more vintage dam quick reels, after removing the old grease and lubricating they functioned as smoothly as any modern reel I've owned, I digress, on a Finessa 280 reel recently acquired  I'm in need of a part, on the anti reverse device I'm missing the lever part, someone had used a paper clip as a poor substitute to make it functional, I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction so that may acquire said part, appreciate any help I may receive and seasons greetings to all ...
Paul

steelhead_killer

That would be Mr Oakes!  He is the DAM expert.  He goes by foakes on this site.

Welcome and enjoy!

Andy
><)))">

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

thorhammer

Fred may have more DAM parts than DAM.   

Maxed Out

Nobody has more DAM parts than Fred Foakes  8) 8)

Welcome to the neighborhood
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

foakes

Welcome to the forum, Paul --

PM me your address, and I will get a ball lever for your 280 -- off in the mail today.

N/C...

The 280 has a straight ball lever -- without the plastic red sleeve.  There is not enough clearance for the sleeve.

It just threads in using a 4mm socket or nut driver.

Let me know if anything else is needed -- it is ready to go -- just need mailing info -- thanks...

Best Always,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

SilverRidge

Email sent thank you for the friendly gesture I'm very much appreciative of it after reading your comprehensive tutorials on the Bam Quick reels I must say you are the Guru so to speak on all subjects relating to these fine spinnng reels again thank you ..
Paul

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Fred the Dam Man to the rescue.  Welcome Silver Ridge.  That's what this site is all about.  Fred is one of our most generous members.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Bill B

Welcome to the Darkside Paul.....Bill Sacramento Delta
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

thorhammer

Fred is a freak of nature, the inventory management algorithm in his brain rivals anything Walmart or DOD spent billions on.  And a pretty nice dude to boot!

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn