9/0 and 9. Got a couple done today

Started by thorhammer, December 17, 2016, 12:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

9/0 sitting on bench for a bit waiting for me return home and open my Mo mail. My buddy got it at a yard saLe 15, who doesn't love that? Needed a real clean, new outer rings, new turnbuckle nuts, clamp and spooled up with 100 PP topped with 80 BG like my others, about 700yds total.

9 is for my other buddy's three year old to use on Spanish to match the one big brother has.  9 and rod in trade for a yard sale box he found for 40$: 359, 209, 309, 113 needing only a tail plate from Harry for 209 for whole bunch to go live. I like it when they are ready to splash! Came pretty clean after a week torn down in the simple green. 

Shark Hunter

Great work John.
$15 is unheard of for that 9/0.
Life is Good!

Bill B

Cool beans brother.....love the yard sale finds......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

gstours

Wow, great job.   I,m fishing waay too much.   I need togo shopping more my wife sez!    But I like fishing more.  What should I do?
   Every body like a good deel!   Me too.   I jus t wish I had one to show off???? :-*

RowdyW

Is the correct spacer missing behind the star wheel on the 9/0? Great find on a later style 9/0.

thorhammer

thanks folks. I traded him some cabinets I took out of my garage. nice pic but she was pretty rough, I think that's one of my handles too. I guess I'm in less than $40 in new parts.

Rudy, rebuilt with guts as I received it except for new drags; it's actually an older one with externally accessible stack though  you can't really see in the pic.

RowdyW

What I meant by later model it has ball bearings not bushings so it can get an aluminum spool update. Which you can't do with the bushing model. I think they all have externally accessable drags.

thorhammer

Noted, yes. good free spool. This one is third down in the depth chart so unless I find a real deal I'll leave it stock. The #1 has Al spool, Tom's frame, and all the goodies under the hood with T-bar.

mo65

Wow...a 9/0 fer 15 bucks...excellent buy!! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~