Fred what do you have for parts on s DAM Champion?

Started by thorhammer, December 24, 2016, 09:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

foakes

Do not have much, John --

That was one of the last series just before DAM moved manufacturing from Germany to Asia -- hence not much parts support for a company looking at tough times.

I get a call from DAM about 17 or 18 years ago -- a couple of the engineers needed some parts for personal use -- and wanted to know if I could help them out -- since they had disposed of any old parts they had on hand when new models came out under a new company...

Told them I was happy to provide them with parts -- but I reminded them about the time two years before when I wanted to become a DAM dealer for service, parts, etc.. -- they rudely informed me that it would take a minimum $5000 parts order -- plus inspection of my premises for their approval process.  (At this time, I did not even know if they would be in business in a year -- and neither did they, but they would not admit it).

I happily sent them the parts they needed, though -- afterall, it was not their fault -- and we all moved on.

Depending on what you need, may be able to help since some parts carry over -- and I may have a few reels in the bone pile.

Let me know..

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

thorhammer

Fred, firstly, thank you for your prompt respond on Christmas Eve.  I certainly didn't expect that. You are a gentleman, friend and scholar of the highest order. This reel was one of my dads favorites and our lineage is from Munich, so this particular reel is of great value to me. I don't think there's much to work on and I'm sure its needs a full service which will happen.  It does need a handle but a gator grip will look close to stock.

I wish you and your family a peaceful and meet holidays!!