99 size 506 hs

Started by Swami805, December 27, 2016, 03:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805

Greetings, I have an orphan tiburon size 99 hs spool some 506 side plates with no guts on the handle side,  a 99 size newell kit and enough jigmaster internals to build a stock 500. What would I need to cobble together a function 99 size 506? Is the only difference the gears and sideplates? Thanks Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

reel man

It sounds like you've got all the makings to built the reel.......preheat oven to 350, and bake for 30-35 minutes till crust is a golden brown.  ;D

Bryan Young

Quote from: Swami805 on December 27, 2016, 03:37:29 AM
Greetings, I have an orphan tiburon size 99 hs spool some 506 side plates with no guts on the handle side,  a 99 size newell kit and enough jigmaster internals to build a stock 500. What would I need to cobble together a function 99 size 506? Is the only difference the gears and sideplates? Thanks Sheridan
I'm in the same boat.

Everything that a 500 has except bearings and 505/506 gear set.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

The spools are different.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Oh, you need a left side lol plate too.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Maxed Out

Bridge from a 500 will not fit in 505 sideplates. Screw pattern is slightly different
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

As Randy has explained earlier the  99 kit comes for the standard Jigmaster and high speed Jigmaster.
When ordering, you need to specify which kit you want.
The P29K fits the standarg 500.
The P29HSK fits the high speed 505.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Maxed Out on December 27, 2016, 06:27:07 AM
Bridge from a 500 will not fit in 505 sideplates. Screw pattern is slightly different
Thanks.

Swami805

Ok I need a bridge gears and bake at 350. Thanks Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are