Defective eccentric cam #19-250

Started by Yogi_fish808, December 21, 2016, 11:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yogi_fish808

I was putting a fully hot-rodded jigmaster together for a customer and the right sideplate dry-run assembly should've taken 5ish minutes at most became 1hr of me thinking I was losing my mind. I've put together a lot of jigmasters...but when this thing was assembled/disassembled 10x over I thought maybe I'm going insane. The eccentric lever wouldn't budge, I thought it was the usual ss yoke catching on the eccentric jack and put a bevel on it..nope still nothing. So I narrowed it down to the eccentric cam and low and behold..when I compared another 19-250 part the one I was provided with was defective and had the hole in the wrong location! I'm glad to know I'm not losing my marbles and that it was simply one that flew over the cuckoo's nest.

mhc

Hi Yogi_fish808, The eccentric cam in question isn't defective - it's just old  :)
I pulled a 250 surfmaster apart recently that had a similar cam - it didn't have any part numbers on the reel and a narrower or thinner sleeve post - which from what I've read means it's an older surfmaster.
Mike

It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Tiddlerbasher

Just drill a hole in the correct place and use it :-\

mizmo67

My first thought was LH, but the LH uses the same 19-250 as the standard, and the hole is up near the post.

I made some notes about the "early run" 19-250 in my file in case we ever see it again.
Is the side plate where the spring sits in that older reel a little different as well?
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

mhc

Quote from: mizmo67 on December 21, 2016, 02:42:58 PM
Is the side plate where the spring sits in that older reel a little different as well?

I'm not sure Mo, i'ts the only surfmaster plate I've got. The eccentric jack is a different shape to the 11-99 jacks that I've seen.

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Tightlines667

Quote from: mhc on December 21, 2016, 12:30:20 PM
Hi Yogi_fish808, The eccentric cam in question isn't defective - it's just old  :)
I pulled a 250 surfmaster apart recently that had a similar cam - it didn't have any part numbers on the reel and a narrower or thinner sleeve post - which from what I've read means it's an older surfmaster.
Mike

X2
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Yogi_fish808

Thanks for the knowledge guys! Good to know that variation is out there. I was really dumbfounded while trying to make it work....good thing I had a spare to compare it to.