new member 04/07/11

Started by papabutch, April 12, 2011, 12:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papabutch

As a new member I made my first post last thursday and I received a reply within 15 min. from Rob V. thank you.  I collect, use and rebuild Penn 209 reels.  Home is Center Creek Utah, near Heber City (home of the 2002 winter Olympics) I'm 68 yrs old and Grandfather of 10.  I fish when I'm not working on fire suppression systems for mining vehicles.  Thanks again.

Bryan Young

Welcome PapaButch.  I figure I am not young enough to call you Papa, but I'll call you that anyway. :)
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Nessie Hunter

Welcome..   Tons of info and great people here... Old Farts RULE!!!   ;D
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Alto Mare

Welcome PapaButch, Yes Rob likes to reply quickly, I think he does it to show off but he is always 100% accurate though. ;D ;D
You will like it here. Sal from Pa.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

PapaButch:  Welcome.  Rob got back to you quickly because he is a retired fire suppression guy also.  Sal I thought you were on Long Island.  How's the
Whitetail Deer hunting where you are?  I'll bring some Zin ;D.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Dominick Whitetail still going strong here in the NE, we also go for Bear, one of my buddies got one this year. My hunting gear gets cleaned by the end of January and put back in the safe, I will then start working on my my fishing gear. Everything is ready to go but I did not get a chance to hit the water yet, it was 85 degrees yesterday in Philly , it would have been a great day on the water, I missed my chance for the cows coming up the river to spawn,  Dom(the Dom with the bad wheel) don't feel bad, you're not the only one that missed the stripers. I'm going to try to head out next week, I'm sure there are still a few hanging around. ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

slip tip

Welcome to the site, papabutch !

Regards,
David
If you kill it, grill it!