A Trio of Quicks!

Started by STRIPER LOU, December 29, 2016, 12:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Had several of these in my younger days, a Junior, and a couple others that were 220 and 330 sizes I think. Never did much too them but fish the heck out of them and never had any problems.

Looked like they were getting popular here and there so I thought I'd better get a few for the collection before the prices went crazy. I was thinking a small, medium, and large.

The auction site came up with a big ole Super. Didn't look too bad in the photos? Well, it didn't look too good at home I'll tell ya and it sounded like a coffee grinder. I figured, here goes another project that I'll start and it'll take months to finish with all I've got going on.

Wait, we have a resident Quick expert. A Quick PM to Fred O and he said he had parts for the Super and would be glad to restore it for me. Great and I know it will be done right!
In the meantime I find a 220N on ebay, this one looks good and looks even better at home. A quick service, not an In-depth like Fred's but a trip thru the ultrasonic, an inspection of parts, and a re-assembly and complete lube. All is good except for a lightly buggered bail screw that came that way.

I really have a thing about buggered screws and they bug the heck out of me.

In the meantime I'm watching the auction site for a 110 and they're mostly junk and the cherry ones are bordering insanity pricewise. Talking with Fred, he says he has all the parts for one and would be happy to put it together for me. YES!

Got the Super and the 110 in the mail today and they are awesome. The Super looks new and is just a smooth as can be and the 110 looks like it came out of the box. Excellent work, fair prices, and attention to detail is exactly what you get from Mr. O.
I'm really happy with the way these came out Fred and your efforts and skills are appreciated.
All have a great evening,  ..  Lou

Shark Hunter

Good Stuff Lou.
Those quicks are tanks.
Life is Good!

theswimmer

Ol' Fred does some good work mmm?
Nice reels Lou,  now go catch some fish with them😎
Best,
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Midway Tommy

Well done, you've got a nice spread to cover most any situation. Take care of them and they more than likely will catch fish as long as you do.  :)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)