Final Rod of 2016

Started by Newell Nut, December 28, 2016, 06:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

This is a unique Seeker Hercules Athena GTS80XH 50-80. That is what I bought anyway. It is an ounce heavier than my other 50-80s and a little stiffer and the butt was slightly larger in diameter.
I decided it was too strong for any of the ladies that I know that fish so it was built for my new snapper catcher for 2017. Needed to tone down the pink a tad so used the dark Metallic Purple with Black over wrap and black Fuji SINs. Added a cancer awareness ribbon and I could not decide on a name so added a Mermaid  and shark tooth. I like it and a buddy of mine in Boston ordered one for his wife as soon as he saw the pics.

foakes

Expert planning and results, as usual, Dwight...

Looks to be very capable, as well as sharp also.

Many of our members are involved in different aspects of tackle and parts production.

We sometimes lose sight of the level of expertise on Alan's site.

I can see how a newcomer, coming to the site for the first time -- might be blown away by the sheer volume skills.

Best Always,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bryan Young

Very nice Dwight.  BTW, I'll be back out in Orlando in March or April next year.  I hope you will finally be in town.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Aiala

SWEET rod, Dwight!! I can't imagine where you got the idea for that color combo...  ::)  ;D

I'm sure you'll put a hurt on the mango populace in short order... bravo!  :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Newell Nut

Quote from: Aiala on December 28, 2016, 07:32:55 PM
SWEET rod, Dwight!! I can't imagine where you got the idea for that color combo...  ::)  ;D

I'm sure you'll put a hurt on the mango populace in short order... bravo!  :D

~A~

Aiala
You have the Pink Lady and now have the Pink something. That dark metallic will look really cool on your black rod when you get ready for it. ;) ;)
Dwight