Okuma Cedros star drag?

Started by conchydong, April 12, 2011, 01:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conchydong

Has anyone fished or at least opened up the new Okuma Cedros star drag reels? Interested in the reel for vertical jigging in FL and double duty as a wahoo reel for San Diego Long range. Any input appreciated.
Thanks

Roger

I also would like to see the insides, if they are anything like the other new Okumas they ought to be top notch.........
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

conchydong

I can't find the schematics but I really want to know if they have two dogs plus the anti-reverse bearing. The rest of the spec.s look pretty good.

edgarz

I'm kind of skeptical on the brass gears.

alantani

actually, quite a few reels have these maganese/brass alloy gears.  they're fairly hard, but not as hard and noisy as stainless steel gears. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Normslanding

I have talked to Okuma about these reels. The reels are being produced with stainless steel gears. I was told that the printed material has not been changed.

Jimmer

I hopt Okuma isn't using the plastic hold plates in them.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

RWS

I'm looking at the CORTEZ with a retail of $129.99 !!!!
as a back up reel, Okuma says it has the same guts but has a Graphite frame and side plates.