DOES ANYONE WANT A NICE 16/0 SENATOR OR TWO, OR MORE?

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, December 31, 2016, 10:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

These are all near mint (9 on a 10 scale) or better and the prices range from $850 on up.  I also have a nice birdseye maple veneer presentation/travel case custom made to hold a 16/0.  We accept Paypal and ship worldwide at the actual cost of postage.

54bullseye

Could you send me or post some close ups of the top left box and the reel that goes with it ??   Thanks  John T.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: 54bullseye on December 31, 2016, 11:29:35 PM
Could you send me or post some close ups of the top left box and the reel that goes with it ??   Thanks  John T.

Here's the reel John.  It does have part numbers, but it is a fairly early model, hard to find in this condition, at least sixty years old, with the three-piece spool and the "football" knob.  There are some tiny marks from handling, but no signs that it has ever seen saltwater.  The reel is $1,250 Paypal plus shipping at the cost of insured postage to anywhere.  If after reviewing the photos you are good with that price, please let me know and I will take some photos of the box for you tomorrow.  There are two other reels in the original group photo that are in very near mint condition (9.8+) but are of more recent vintage with the one-piece forged spool for less money, if that might work better for you.

I was not planning to sell that box (I was planning to include the other boxes) but I would consider it.  It is an original 16/0 box but someone has marked on the label with a black marker.  The original 16/0 markings are still readable, and it came with the Penn Reels catalog #17.  I do not see a copyright date in the catalog, but the page of photos of notable Penn reels catches show photos from 1952, so I would guess that the catalog is from 1953.

Thanks,

Randy

54bullseye

I think the box is 1957 to 1959 not sure but having the marker al over hurts the value. Does that price include the box ?

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I am still thinking about the box, but I noticed your previous posts about your Harnell and Neptuna collections.  I have some interesting old Neptuna rods and combos, and I need some Harnell jig sticks, cosmetic condition unimportant so long as structurally sound.  Do you live in California, and do we know each other?

Thanks,

Randy Pauly

54bullseye

No I am on the east coast. My Harnells  are mostly big I have no jig sticks. I have a couple big Harnell 130 rods that are original then the retied ones to use.  I am always interested in any Nep-Tuna stuff. On your Penn 16/0 I noticed the box I have a 9/0, 10/0 and a 12/0 in that box so would like to find a 14/0 and a 16/0 with same box. Do you have any Nep-Tuna cradles or combos for sale ? Have you ever seen a Nep-Tuna catalog ??       John T

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Dear John,

I do have some Neptuna butts, complete rods and combos.  One combo that I love has hard to find Truline octagon tip section and the Neptuna Penn International 50 cradle butt mounted with a near mint International 50.  I also have complete cradle rods for a Penn 146 Squidder Jr., 140 Squidder and a 259 or 500 Jigmaster, plus several cradle butts with no tip sections plus a very near mint 8' one-piece factory original spinning rod (not cradle) and another near mint factory original 12# roller stripper, roller tip, tip-section with no butt.

I will send you an email with some photos of the 16/0 box and more photos of the reel and you can let me know what you think.

Thanks, and Happy New Year,

Randy

Jerseymic

Randy, you are hurting my head with those beautiful 16.0s, as Daron knows my ultimate dream, but living on this side of the pond it is not practical, what with postage and customs it makes everything too expensive.

I wish I could just turn up at your door, give you the cash, and take one away, I will but dream!!

Mike,

U.K.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks Mike.  If you find yourself in California, please do stop by.  If you take the reel apart and take it home as checked baggage, the shipping would be dirt cheap!  If I ever have the opportunity to come to the U.K. I will try to remember to bring one with me.

Your frame will be on its way on Tuesday by USPS First Class Parcel International.  The tracking number is LZ472847560US.

Thanks again, and Happy New Year,

Randy

Jerseymic

Thanks Randy, I will let you know when it has arrived safely, and Happy New Year to you too.

Mike.

coastal_dan

Amazing Randy! 😳  Stunning reels...you never cease to amaze.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thank you Dan.  You made my day!

I hope that you have a happy, healthy New Year full of hungry fish,

Randy