New Years dinner

Started by David Hall, January 01, 2017, 02:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

Everyone loves a roast.  I went to Costco to pick up a 4 rib roast only to discover all the had was sirloin rib 4 bone roasts for 190.00, or a whole untrimmed 7 bone roast for 160.00.  Easy choice take the 7 bone home.
Cut the 4 rib loin away for tonight's dinner and slice the chuck ribs into ribeye steaks, I don't care for double cut so we slice them, boneless, bone in, boneless, bone in.  Six steaks sliced, individually packed and vacuum sealed into the freezer.  
 Make up a rub with pappyricky, garlic and onion powder, celery salt,  kosher salt, cracked black pepper and a couple of secret ingredients, I can't remember.  Rub it down good and wrap and refrigerate for around 38 hrs.
Into a 500* oven for one hour. Then shut off the heat and let it sit in the oven for 3 more hours.  Here's what it looks like going through the process, oh yeah this is the new oven!  Just installed last week.

josa1

Hi David,

Great way to start the New Year!

Enjoy with a little Cab.

josa1

Dominick

Yum.  It sure looks good.  Drool... Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

And twice baked potatoes stuffed with bacon cheese onion and roasted broccoli

RowdyW

I had rib roast also at my sisters house but with mashed potatoes & asparagras.        Rudy

ChileRelleno

Dang'it man, but that right there looks mighty fine!
Great food pRon pics.

And...  Happy New Year!
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Tightlines667

Man...
You are speaking my language with that spread.

Good stuff!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

David Hall

Real horseradish and jus made from the roast drippings.  I have to say it went over well.

Chilli I have failed to follow the preset step by step with photos, I'll keep working on it.
This would have got me in hot water on smokingmeatforum.com

David Hall

Quote from: RowdyW on January 01, 2017, 06:02:59 AM
I had rib roast also at my sisters house but with mashed potatoes & asparagras.        Rudy

Mashed potatoes gives you one more good place to put the gravy!

Alto Mare

Good stuff! I made that for Christmas, melts in your mouth.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

STRIPER LOU

Newell Nut

That is some real good looking manly bodybuilding food. Yummmm

ChileRelleno

Quote from: David Hall on January 01, 2017, 07:38:23 AM

Chilli I have failed to follow the preset step by step with photos, I'll keep working on it.
This would have got me in hot water on smokingmeatforum.com
Wut you talking bout Willis?
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

RowdyW

Quote from: David Hall on January 01, 2017, 07:39:56 AM
Quote from: RowdyW on January 01, 2017, 06:02:59 AM
I had rib roast also at my sisters house but with mashed potatoes & asparagras.        Rudy

Mashed potatoes gives you one more good place to put the gravy!
It's not a complete meal without the gravy.

Dominick

Yummy.  I didn't take pictures but I cooked the whole rib section for 18.  Very little left over.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.