Shout out to Bimini Bay Outfitters/Tsunami Rod Company

Started by pjstevko, January 03, 2017, 09:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

My less than two year old Tsunami Trophy jigging rod snapped on me during my new years eve trip and seeing as how it had only been used twice I figured I'd call Bimini Bay and see what's they'd do for me....

I spoke with Cindy in the fishing department and she said for me to send it back to them so they could verify it wasn't smashed in a car door or run over and they'd send me a brand new rod.  I asked about upgrading to a longer size or different model and she said I'd only have to pay the difference,  seemed fair to me. 

After looking over my choices I decided to stay with the Trophy series but jump up in length,  line class and lure weight ratings and Cindy said she wouldn't bother to charge me the upgrade difference  ;D! I just have to pay $15 for shipping....

My new rod is the Trophy jigging rod 7' XH line class 50-100# lure rating 2-8 oz.....

I'm glad Bimini Bay is backing their products with very little resistance! That's how you earn customers for life!

Pj

foakes

Good customer service is a breath of fresh air nowadays.

Received a live video & camera drone for Christmas.

Part of the deal was a 6 month guarantee against any issues -- including loss or stuck in a tree.

Since I am a pilot -- I told my wife that I knew how to drive this thing.

First flight -- 8' off the ground -- adjusted trim and controls -- got used to basic operation -- piece of cake, right...?  Similar to a helo with the collective and joysticks.

Next flight -- lets see what it will really do...

Lift-off -- rate of climb about 20' a second -- clears our tallest trees at 180' -- then the sucker goes clean out of sight and heads towards Jonathan's house across the road.  

As I lost my new toy in the sun -- and am running after the general direction I lost sight of it because it went too high for me to see it anymore -- I remembered there is an auto-return button.  Quickly press it -- nothing -- press it again -- that drone is probably stuck in a tree somewhere and gone forever.

Return to our house and hear a buzzing overhead -- it came back somehow by itself -- and is coming down for a soft landing!

I filled out the guarantee that evening and sent it in -- so the next time if it doesn't come back -- I will get a new one.

Glad the company was so responsive to you PJ.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

That was pretty funny Fred.  Glad it followed you home.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

RowdyW

Alto Mare

Fred, since it is a live video and camera drone, could you please rewind and post the clip here? I would also like to see the video of you running after it and I'm sure calling it some sweet names as you tried to reach it. ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Big Tim

PJ i'm glad and not surprised you were taken care of. I have been very happy with the price point and service from this supplier.

BT

foakes

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 04, 2017, 02:04:44 AM
Fred, since it is a live video and camera drone, could you please rewind and post the clip here? I would also like to see the video of you running after it and I'm sure calling it some sweet names as you tried to reach it. ;D

Just checked the camera card -- and it is good quality color and sound -- 720 -- but it does not show the longer flight.  We have snow and sleet and rain forecast for the next week, or so, every day.  Started around 4:30 this afternoon.

So if there is a break in the weather -- I will fly it again with the video camera on -- then post the clip.

Otherwise, it will be another week.

Got one of it going over our house -- then landing by the cat sanctuary -- and our little Constance checking it out as it landed upside down.

Stay tuned -- I'll get it dialed in sometime soon.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

coastal_dan

Glad to read this, I too am a happy camper with their gear.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

pjstevko

I received a call today from Bimini Bay Outfitters and they wanted me to know that they are shipping out my warranty replacement upgraded jigging rod tomorrow and that it should be here by the end of the week!

It was such a pleasure to deal with a business that actually stands by their products warranty without making it a monumental ideal for their customers. It's great customer service like I received that earns customers for life. 

If anyone is in the market for a new rod I highly suggest you look at Tsunami rods from Bimini Bay Outfitters!

Pj

Bryan Young

Quote from: pjstevko on January 10, 2017, 04:58:55 AM
I received a call today from Bimini Bay Outfitters and they wanted me to know that they are shipping out my warranty replacement upgraded jigging rod tomorrow and that it should be here by the end of the week!

It was such a pleasure to deal with a business that actually stands by their products warranty without making it a monumental ideal for their customers. It's great customer service like I received that earns customers for life. 

If anyone is in the market for a new rod I highly suggest you look at Tsunami rods from Bimini Bay Outfitters!

Pj

Honestly, I have never heard of them, and they have an excellent price point seems like a good reason to try.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

I had a pair of their Penn branded rods and one broke.  After tracking them down they said they did not have any more of that rod but would replace it with a similar rod.  I asked them if I could buy a second rod because I used them as pairs.  They said send both rods to them and they would replace BOTH for free.  The replacement rods were much nicer too.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

I would love to try them out, but I have a bit of a conundrum. 

I have always purchased rods in person.  I look at the bend, strength, guide alignment, spline alignment, handle length, reel seat placement,... to make sure it fits me before buying... and leave it to a general placement goes against my inner rod building experiences, but maybe I'll try one rod...
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

pjstevko

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 10, 2017, 04:49:28 PM
I would love to try them out, but I have a bit of a conundrum. 

I have always purchased rods in person.  I look at the bend, strength, guide alignment, spline alignment, handle length, reel seat placement,... to make sure it fits me before buying... and leave it to a general placement goes against my inner rod building experiences, but maybe I'll try one rod...

You could anyways buy online to check it out and if you don't like it send it back or resell it.....but I'm sure that you'd keep it!

Or you can check out one of Big Tim's 9 Tsunami rods :)