Help - Metaloid 5N foot

Started by boon, January 04, 2017, 02:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boon

Hoping someone in the extended AT network can help me out on this one...

I have a relatively early-model Metaloid 5N Single Speed.
It has quite a broad foot on it and as a result it won't fit into a nice new rod I've bought.

I contacted the local Okuma agent and they said there is a revised foot for these reels that is narrower, however they don't have any - they said they would exchange the reel if it was new/unused but it's definitely not in new condition (even has an angular contact bearing in it ;) )

Is there anyone out there who could somehow source me one of these narrow feet direct from Okuma? Or even could just point me in the right direction for getting one?

Cheers.

alantani

i don't really see an easy way out of this one.  either a new rod or grind down the foot to fit the old rod......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

boon

Quote from: alantani on January 04, 2017, 02:55:43 AM
i don't really see an easy way out of this one.  either a new rod or grind down the foot to fit the old rod......   :-\

:-/ indeed.

Surely their parts department could sell me a foot though :(

conchydong

I would try again with Okuma. I am sure they could figure out a way to get what you need. I have had pretty good results when dealing with them.

boon

Quote from: conchydong on January 05, 2017, 01:18:05 AM
I would try again with Okuma. I am sure they could figure out a way to get what you need. I have had pretty good results when dealing with them.

I'm in New Zealand, the local importer/agent couldn't help.
Does anyone have a useful contact email address for Okuma US? I can't find anything on their site except creating a repair order which doesn't quite seem like what I'm looking for.

SoCalAngler

I hope this helps.

Okuma Fishing Tackle Corporation
2310 E. Locust Court
Ontario CA 91761

Tel 909-923-2828
Fax909-923-2909
1-800-GO-OKUMA
1-800-466-5862

Parts and Service service@okumafishing.com
Website webmaster@okumafishing.com
Sales and Marketing sales@okumafishing.com

P.S. Got this info from their website here www.okumafishing.com/resources/customer_service

P.S.S I live about a 25 minute drive from their home location and if they won't ship to you for what ever reason, have it mailed to me and I will send it to you. No charge for my part but you will need to pay postage to your NZ location. PM me if you need my help with this.

boon

Legend, thank you. I have emailed them about it so we'll see what comes of that.

And thank you for the offer to sort forwarding, if it's required that would be very much appreciated.

This site is a great resource and it's the people that make it :)

Cor

I had issues with an Okuma reel in the past, and every time they just sent me replacement parts from China.     It was not the best reel, but the service was great.
Keep at them would be my suggestion.
Cornelis

Bryan Young

I believe Scott (SundaTrucka) runs the service department.  He's the moderator of this board, but is probably super busy as the season is coming up and he has all of those charter boat reels to work on.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

ah, i misread this.  i will check with okuma on monday.  if they have one, i will try to have them send it to me and i will send it to you.  they are not set up to ship overseas. 

boon

Any joy? Okuma haven't responded to my email, I hope I'm not in the too-hard basket  ;D

alantani

crud, no, got side tracked today.  it was a real comedy of errors.  joy went downtown and got her car towed, then allison went to pick her up and her battery died, so i had to go get them both. 

boon

Quote from: alantani on January 10, 2017, 03:21:15 AM
crud, no, got side tracked today.  it was a real comedy of errors.  joy went downtown and got her car towed, then allison went to pick her up and her battery died, so i had to go get them both. 

I can understand that sidetracking you! Wow, dramas. Hope it's all ironed out now.

alantani

ok, i just spoke to kevin at okuma (email is kevin@okumafishing.com).  the schematic that i found for the single speed metaloid 5 narrow showed a foot with a key number on the schematic of 102 with a part number of 11020092.  kevin also had a schematic for a 2013-2014 schematic with a part number of 11020034.  he says that a lot number on your reel might help.  here is the latest schematic from the okuma website.  kevin is new and is not familiar with our website, so i introduced it to him.  i hope he will take a look. 

boon, if you have a lot number, or better yet the schematic that came with the reel, check to see which part number you have for your reel foot and we might be able to figure out if one is wide and which one is narrow.  hopefully the information from okuma nz is even correct to begin with!

https://www.okumafishing.com/assets/schematics/M-5NS%20(20140916).pdf

boon

The foot says "4007-084" on it if that helps at all.
No idea on lot number or original schematic - I probably threw them out :(