California Nevada River Forecast Center

Started by Bill B, January 06, 2017, 06:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Jacobsen

RiverAngler

Well, we got it good last night. Rain has stopped for now and cleanup begins.

The local boat ramp behimd City Hall. I'm back a good 200'

The local fishing pier at slack tide. The water is about 8 ft higher than than it should be.

Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

alantani

yeah, saw that hwy 80 was closed due to a massive mudslide.  i'm staying off the roads this week!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

RiverAngler

Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

looks like a break this weekend, then back at it midweek next.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

RiverAngler

Keta

Quote from: RiverAngler on January 09, 2017, 05:34:29 PM
Not to my knowledge, Lee.

Good, thank you.  I bet the Yolo Bypass is full.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bill B

The local news just reported the Yolo bypass will be opened today, CNRFC latest chart for the I St bridge shows we will peak at 30', may have to move the trailer again to even higher ground....had to cancel all my business travels for this week.   Will post some more pictures today.   The Sherwood Marina store was floating on it's pontoons this am..... :o

Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

foakes

Hi Bill --

Not sure of your situation --  however, maybe hauling your trailer over to the local Wal-Mart for a week, or so while you are gone, or even while you are here -- might not be a bad idea?

They have security, 24/7 lighted parking, plus this is free at a majority of Wal-Marts, nationwide.

Appreciate the reports -- we have had 7.5" of rain with a little hail in the last 48 hours -- predicted to continue through possibly Thursday -- easing off over the weekend -- then a possible continuation next mid-week.

No issues here, so far -- just prayers to all of our Ohana here on the West Coast.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Todd Jacobsen

Bill- Glad to hear your ok so far. Mokelumne here is very high as,I just went by. Great pic of the bridge and pier. Bill that offer is always there.

Bill B

Thanks guys, WalMart is my ace in the hole if/when it comes to that.  We also have a Target less than a mile from me we may set up in.  Good to hear the Yolo is being opened.  I still fear for my two neighbors with 5th wheelers and no trucks......I'm beginning to take this as a West Coast version of the Louisiana Hurricane Party  :D.  What is gonna be funny is if the river gets high enough to flood the parking lot here, there are five people living in their boats that will not be able to get off their boats  :o and stuck in the middle of the river.   

As an old captain I used to work for would says.."It's not gonna be very productive, but It sure is gonna be interesting".......Stay turned my brothers......Bill

Bill B

Ok guys....not sure how much longer I will have power here at Sherwood Harbor, mgnt will be turning everything off this pm.......I will post some pictures hopefully soon.  I will stay in contact with Todd and Ralph by text message and maybe get some pictures out to them for posting.....River will peak at 10pm pacific time.  News stated the Sacramento Wier that feeds the Yolo Bypass and hasnt been opened since 2006 will be opened today.......WoooHooo Sacramento Flood Party is Startin'.

Bill

P.S. Might as well get some fishing done while Im here... ;D

Todd Jacobsen

Bill- Be careful as I know you are. Power was out here wee hrs in the am. 2am to be exact it came down hard. Have to chargers for my phone so we're good so far. Having to prep meals way in advacne is tough. Power however does go out easily here.

RiverAngler

Let me know what you need posted, send em' on over. Keep in touch and let us know you're ok. You too, Todd. I'm on higher ground, so the most I might lose is power. Losing power is a distinct possibility for me as the high wind advisory will mess with the power lines between here and Fairfield/Suisun. Good news is that I have a small UPS so I can at least have one light and charge my phone.