California Nevada River Forecast Center

Started by Bill B, January 06, 2017, 06:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Still here guys....moved the last two trailers out today  :-X  one old timer stated he had no trailer pulling skills so I pulled him out of 6" mud....why do they wait till the last minute I will never know.....but we are high and dry so far....new river forecast shows us peaking tomorrow afternoon, Im pretty sure we will be safe here.....gonna take tomorrow off from work to check up on everyone here.

The store is free floating now.  The dock you see on the left is normally 20' below the railing on the right

This view is from the dock looking towards the campground, the grey Ford in the background is my truck and my redneck condo used to be in front right where the waters edge is now

The lower campground is full......of water   :D

Still have power at 635pm, propane tanks are full, and batteries fully charged.   May continue this Hurricane Party on my buddies boat....The last flood weir was opened today and flooding the Yolo Bypass now which will keep us at the 30' level here and take a lot of pressure off those downstream.  Spoke to someone this afternoon who used to work for the water resources in West Sacramento.  He is concerned with the levee just below me at Davis Road which has been neglected for many years.  Rodents have burrowed into and through the levee......so anyone below Davis Road please be concerned.  The fire dept, police, NOAA and others have been patrolling the levee, obviously worried about something.

And a sincere thank you to all, especially Ralph and Todd for standing by.....True Brothers.......Be safe all....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Bill B

Still here guys, river peaked at 30' at 0500 hrs this am, water rose to just below where we have the trailers staged....more rain to come this pm.....will try to get some pictures out later.....Bill

RiverAngler

Glad you're  both ok. It's been raining hard here all night. We have everything shored up, prepared for the worst. Very LARGE releases from Folsom dam and Sac weir. 40,000 cfps.

Ralph
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

Bill B

Photos from today

See the tree leaning on the left, my redneck condo was there on Saturday, now under 2' of water

This guy didnt quite move high enough, water got up to bottom of his tire rim

The road out has about 4" of water on the left and 1' on the right

Now we have the winds coming and it's pushing the water up towards us.....maybe 2' of level ground under water, the level at the store is 16"......took some water, soda and milk down to an old timer today that couldnt get off the ramp.

Ohhh yeah saw this guy floating by, said he was a deckhand with Lee Keta  ;D ;D ;D

Keta

We have 70-80 mph winds predicted for tonight.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bill B

Keta

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Keta

Mark Twain

Todd Jacobsen

Sorry I haven't been on last nt or today until now. Power been flickering. So far so good here. Very strong wind and rain here now. Glad to meet wonderful people here willing to help each other.

RiverAngler

It hasn't stopped raining since midnight here. And I mean rain. Still coming down pretty good with high winds.
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

Reel 224

Hope all you guys stay safe. We are thinking of you and praying for a safe outcome.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Bill B

Had a scare here, with the peak flow and high tide we hit what I assume was 30"+, the high tide is on the down side, and our level is dropping, spoke with the old timer here and he stated "this is the worst I have seen in 13 years"   :o :o :o.....had a power flicker this afternoon.   Wish they would open some more of the Sac Weirs....only 7 of 43 gates.    Gonna sign off for tonight and will check in tomorrow am....Be safe my brothers and sisters......Bill

Todd Jacobsen

Signing out here as well Bill. A little water now seeping into garage. Going to see whats,up there hopefully the drain pipe plugged.

RiverAngler

It rained in my area for 14 hrs continuously, sometimes very heavy for as long as an hour. River Rd. down on the levee between town and the ferry is flooding 1-3 ft with the incoming tide and receding with the outgoing tide. I have no pics, stayed inside yesterday. But I'm OK, and so are my neighbors. it stopped for now.The folks on River Rd are glad we filled sandbags for them over the weekend.