"Its called fishin, not catchin".

Started by Gfish, January 07, 2017, 05:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Recently there's been ideal kayaking conditions on Kauai's south shore. I've gotten a few assorted reef species, but the actions been real slow and not even that important. Now it's about exercise, scenery, and wildlife. Couldn't get close enough to any Humpback whale action for the I-Pad camara, even though there was some great "spy-hopping" action way out there. Humpies come here all the way from Alaska to give birth and get 'em ready to head back in the late spring.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Gfish

1) Sunrise, lookin East.
2) I wanna live in one a those! Poipu point. Lots a rich folks here.
3) Green Sea Turttle visit, sometimes I wonder if they want me to feed 'em? Much bigger than the pic. shows.
4) My launch point, Koloa Landing at Whaler's Cove
I-Pad's not gonna lemme post more 'n 4 pics atta time.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Gfish

5) Creek estuary on the side a Whaler's Cove/Koloa Landing. The cove was a funtional whale port in the 1800's n' early 1900's, perfect for shore based diving now. I wanna live here too!
6) Same
7) Same, oops.
8) "The Spouting Horn". The biggest "drive to it" photo op. On the South side. Note the viewing platform with people on it in the background, "what's that kayak guy doin out there"? 'Bout 10 min. latter they saw, gotta nice Parrot fish ona jig and then had trouble unhookin 'em-solid bone and fangs!-forgot to take a pic.

Tightlines667

Beautiful scenery.

Thanks for sharing your adventure.

Next step us to rig up some dead Mackerel Scad (Akule), and troll the 40fa. curve for Ono and Mahi.  Offshore fishing is hot right now, if you can find the weather to get out there.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

David Hall

bery nice, thanks for sharing.  I don't get to see anything like that where I fish.

Gfish

2 posts above: 9) Allerton Garden at Lawai creek cove. Beautiful place for lunch. In the evening it really sounds like a tropical jungle. Can't go past the beach, private prop. It is however, a tour group thing. Many movie n' TV scenes shot here: remember the Jurassic Park scene where they find the dinasor egg in the tree roots? Right up the beach a ways. Some a ya might recall from a 70's TV show, a little guy ona balcony(Allerton's guest house), shoutin "Da plane!, Da plane!" The mansion, servants n' guest quarters and some great garden structures are just back in the trees.
10) Lots a caves on this part a the coast.
11) Bait mabey?
12) More caves. Got relatively close today 'cause a the lack a wind n' swell

Ok, perhaps next time I can figure out howta organize the words/ pictures together
Gfish

Gfish

Sorry, you gotta start with the pics., then go down one post for the text for each pic.
Thanks for the tips Tightlines666! 40 fathoms = 240 ft. Lets see,... No depth/fish finder yet. Let out most the line on one a my 100 yd "braid in the middle" reels? With mabey a pound a weight? Are dead(supermarket) scads good? Do guy's use any weight when trollin for pelagics?
Gfish

Tightlines667

Check out the Hawaii Kayak fishing forum to learn rigs and yak setup for Hawaiian waters..Aquahunters

http://forum.aquahunters.com
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

oc1

Yeah, great weather for a change.  That stream flowing into Whaler's Cove looks picture perfect.... almost like it was set up and manicured or something.  Scenery pitchers are as good as dead fish pitchers.
-steve

Newell Nut

Beautiful scenery for a day on the water. Always sweeter when you can fill the frying pan at the end of the day.

HOLEINTHEWATER

Dominick

Sounds and looks like you are living hau'oli ola.   :D Aloha.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Benni3