Penn 117 Wide

Started by Alto Mare, February 08, 2016, 04:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I believe I run into something unique and if there is another circulating, I want to see it ;D

Yup! a 30-117 stand the same size as the 30-118

If I place this 30-117 stand, along with the 1-117 right side plate on the 118 reel, I'll have a true wide 117 ;D

Stands are new but were stored poorly, camera makes them look worse than they actually are.

Enjoy!...

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

pompano joe

Pompano Joe

Superhook

Sal,

So what you have is a 16/0 stand with a 14/0 part number.  Penn mistake when stamping the part number.  Buying a 16/0 stand for a 14/0 price when a 16/0 stand is now an obsolete part would be hard to take.

Ray

Tightlines667

That's a pretty cool find.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

Thanks guys.
Ray, misprints are valuable  :)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

swill88

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Superhook

If someone was supplying 16/0 stands stamped as 14/0 i would keep ordering them until they ran out of parts or i ran out of money. ;D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Superhook on February 09, 2016, 07:43:48 AM

If someone was supplying 16/0 stands stamped as 14/0 i would keep ordering them until they ran out of parts or i ran out of money. ;D

That would not be a good thing, Ray. If they would make more 16/0 stands stamped as 14/0, the value on mine would drop dramatically  ;D .
I'm wondering if the worker realized that he made a mistake at the time and why did it pass inspection :-\.
Probably it was stamped on a Friday and maybe his superviser told him to put it in the bin anyway. Other workers had to notice it, especially after the part was chromed. I wish I was there listening.
There is a very good chance this one is unique.

Sal

broadway

Never saw this thread, Sal.  I believe you're spot on... a mistake that made it passed everyone's eyes.  Hang onto that guy as I can't imagine there being too many of those around... and mint like that even less.
Thanks for sharing,
Dom

Maxed Out

....So Sal, was it advertised as a 14/0 seat and you knew it was a 16/0 ?? Either way it's something you don't see every day....just like all your reels and parts, nothing new there !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

Thanks guys. Ted, the seller had lots of parts for sale for the larger Senators, I believe she was from up  Lou's way.
She claimed she had two 16/0 stand, but was having a hard time finding the second one. She only sent me the one marked 30-118.
We kept contact, she later said one was just as the 16/0 but the number didn't match, of course I told her to send it over. :)