Senator 113 drag

Started by Rob Ciminieri, January 18, 2017, 10:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Ciminieri

Can anyone tell me if the easy access drag kit will work in a 4/0 black. I am looking to build more drag

alantani

not sure what you mean by an "easy access drag kit," but you have a couple of options with the black side plate 113.  i use five of the #6-60 drag washers and a metal washer kit to match, plus a carbontex drag under the main gear.  i also recommend a stainless steel gear sleeve for this reel and 24-56 jigmaster power at the very least.  if you need help with any of these parts, please let me know. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Rob Ciminieri

Alan what kind of drag can i produce set up like that

alantani

reliably, 10 pounds for a working range.  this reel has one of the lowest "power to weigh" ratios of all the senators. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Rob, if you're good with some minor customizing you could try increasing the speed and drag a litlle on these:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=18835.msg199047#msg199047

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rob Ciminieri

That reel looks great. I am looking to make a little drag. I seen some of these drag kits going in 113h with stainless guts. I didnt know it those drags would work in the black reel. I dont think so.

thorhammer

no, the 113H is a much larger gear.